Islam/sex in period

As salamu alaikum, unfortunately i had sex twice with my wife in period time by insist of me(husband). what should we do now & we re hardly committed that we will not do it again in life.inshallah. Please answer my question.

Walayikkum salaam warahmathullahi Wabarakathuhu

Intercourse with a menstruating woman is haraam according to scholarly consensus, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore, keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they are purified (from menses and have taken a bath)”

[al-Baqarah 2:222].

And al-Tirmidhi (135) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has intercourse with a menstruating woman or with a woman in her back passage, or goes to a soothsayer, has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

The one who does that has to repent and offer expiation, by giving a dinar or half of a dinar to the poor and needy, because of the report narrated by Ahmad (2032), Abu Dawood (264), al-Tirmidhi (135), al-Nasaa’i (289) and Ibn Majaah (640) from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said concerning one who had intercourse with his wife when she was menstruating: “Let him give a dinar or half a dinar in charity.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

A dinar is four and a quarter grams of gold, so he should find out what that is worth and give that amount in charity, or half of it, and he should also resolve not to do this thing again.

If what you mean by having intercourse in Ramadaan is intercourse with a menstruating woman during the night in Ramadaan, then what you must do is what is mentioned above, namely repent and offer expiation.

If what is meant is that you had intercourse during the day in Ramadaan, then you have committed two major sins: breaking the fast in Ramadaan and having intercourse during your wife’s menses.

With regard to intercourse during your wife’s menses, you know what the penalty is.  

Sister-Friend in Islam ( Muslimah)

Adimistrator of an Islamic group of more than 5000 members from all over the world. Helping them in various stages of their doubts by seeking and searching authentic answers to help them. I am also a facilitator of Islamic Online University and also running an Islamic page and blog having more that 4000 followers, Alhamndhullilah ! By a teacher by profession I learned psychology and it helps me a lot to understand people and their feelings.

Islamic Online University, and follows all organization which follows Quran and Authentic Hadith .

Publications and In a few daily Newspapers ,Expresso stories,

Masters in English with TEFL, Dawah Course from IOU, Research on Islamic Issues and good reading on the same and trying to sort out an answer which is close to authenticity by quoting famous scholars.

Best Teacher Award. Writer, Poet, Got prizes in versification and writing essay ,poems etc

A lot to mention here,both through phone and majority through email.