Islam/what should i do now?

Question
Aoa
Few weeks back i asked you if i tell my parents for the boy i like tough i dont know if he likes me or not and we never talked and finaleeeee i told my mother about my crush...it was really really really hard for me to do.i tought if i tell her,she might help me in any way but my expectations are always and always wrong..my mother said you are a girl and no one parent in our tradition goes to the boy's parent and ask them to marry their daughter..she told me to stop thinking of him..and my lips were sealed once again..doesnt islam alow a girl's parents to ask a boy to marry their daughter?i wish i never told her..why do i forget my dreams nver come true..i never talked to that boy just because its harram and all i wanted was not to spoil my parents repute..i herd Allah helps only if v do a little effort.i did my part of job...but will Allah ever help me?will my dreams ever come true?should i still hope for the best and seek help from Allah about this matter or move on?why do i feel if its all over..but i dont want it to get over.

Answer
In marriage you have the full right to chose, not your parents, so once you are age of consent you can get marry to the person of your dreams because love is critical in marriage.

4:3 If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

The Quran uses the word of your choice.

Islam

Imam Habeeb