Islam/Adopted father's gift

Dear brother,

Two years ago , I married a girl who is adopted of a family . I don't take (insaallah) any money or asset from that family during my marriage . Later on the girl's adopted father gives her a ready flat  for her . The flat belongs to her name . In this moment I have two questions :

1) Is is permissible in islam to take any gift from adopted father , if he (the father) has his brother or sister(but has no children) in his own family ?

2) As a husband , can I receive or use that flat/gift ?

Waiting for kind reply .. ..

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

May Allah reward you for the good deed you have done.
There is no harm to accept the gift and utilise it as the intention of your heart is clear.
However you need to take permission of your wife to utilise it.

In islam gift is always allowed. However the adopted girl cannot have any share in the inheritance of the property but can accept gifts.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.