Islam/Eating at relatives house

Assallam walekum

All praise is due to Allah,

I n my husband are very religious people, I leave in the same city as my parents and often visit them , also stay back for a day. My parents are also religious but not very strict in following all shariah laws. They have savings accounts in banks and I know that they don't give away the interest.....although interest is not their main motive... My father is an engineer and he works with a company. My husband insist that we can not eat at my parents house as they take saving account interest .....I can't make them change their ways over night. I am in a dilemma I know prayers of the person eating of interest is not accepted but I can also not stop eating at my parents when my mom keeps inviting me..

Also it's the same problem when any of our relatives invite us over for food......we don't know whether they cleanse their income of interest as most people in urban cities do have accounts with banks. We can also not always reject their invitation as we have to maintain sillehrehmi (blood ties)

What should I do? Do we have to consider all this while accepting gifts from family members and Muslim friends....kindly help

May Allah reward you for your good work

Once you donot know about something being 100% haram you can eat it. so eat and accept their gifts besides they are Muslims and repsonsbile if they do any thing wrong. Besides their income is mixed so its not necesarily wrong to accept any thing from them.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.