Islam/Faith

Question
Hello Sir,
I am not certain if you answer questions of this sort but you are the only one who has volunteered. Please forgive me if I am wasting your time. What I wish to know is this:  Christianity is an older religion than Islam. From an social anthropological stance, Christians have faced some issues of faith long before they became apparent to common Muslims.  Do you have people coming to you for help who are trapped between a traditional upbringing in religion and the opinions formed in a century of science? What do you tell them? It is something I have struggled with for most of my life. And going to mosque elders only results in being told to pray harder, cleanse my soul by submission etc. that is somewhat inadequate because I do that and then thoughts remain. I don't think that is a problem specifically for Muslims but for all religions. Hence I seek your opinion. I once asked you about the nature of trinity and while I can't claim to understand it well, it's a very complicated issue, you helped dissipate some stupid assumptions that Muslims hold about Christianity.

Answer
Peace to you!

Dear Ash,

Thank you for your encouraging message and your interesting question. Yes, this is a very common problem. I myself have been trapped between a traditional upbringing in religion and the opinions formed in a century of science.

When seeking for answers I realized that a lot of the problems result from misunderstandings between what the Torah, Zabur and Injeel versus science teach. The conclusion I came to was that there is no contradiction between the teachings of the Bible and that of science. The God of the Bible is also the God of science.

I usually tell people who have questions regarding this issue to first familiarize themselves with a summary of the teachings of the Bible. I would like to offer you a free and easy six lesson course  on that subject via e-mail. Would you be interested?

Secondly, I answer their specific question in the light of the big picture of the message of the Bible.  

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

A. Abraham  

Islam

A. Abraham