Islam/Marriage

Question
As-salam-o-alaikum,

I have a concern regarding Marriage, Recently I got married to a guy in abroad at webcam. My Parents don't know about this. Though the guy did come last year to meet my parents, buy my parents disapproved him, he is a practicing muslim. He suggested me to get married to him instantly and I did fall weak and got married, but now i regret getting married to him like that. Is this Marriage valid? I feel though he's practicing he seems to be weak and doesn't leave me alone a single bit. Always wants me to be on the fone with him. And when I am not he shouts at me and makes me feel guilty for being inconsiderate and not giving him importance in my life. We know each other for abt 1.5 yrs now. I can't tolerate his behaviour at all. Though i did burst out at him. he started crying in front of me and i felt guilty. Even he made me rush into marriage telling me that Allah would punish us if we don't get marry. He got some other person on cam as my wali. Before marriage we did had quite break ups. I told him he and I were not suitable for each other. But then again, he or I came back together. In the beginning he would teach me to tell lies to my parents regarding him, or suggest me ideas such as running away from house. All this used to drive me krazy and mad. I could have never done something like that with my family. Now since I ended up in this situation. I don't know what to do? I am so lost. Couple of times i did tell him whenever he used to rush me into marriage, that I am not mentally prepared to get married and lack stability which i used to think affect him too since it's hi life too. I have underfone divorce twice. But this person took me light everytime. I do have sexual urges too, I felt prey, i feel I have been afflicted with an Black Magic. When I had broken off with this brother i got attached to Allah and used to feel so good and at ease, praying 5 times, doing dhikr, reciting quran. But when ever i got in touch with this man, i lost in touch of dhikr some what, my adhkars for evening and morning time. What do i do? How do i cure myself? I don't want to break his heart. But i cannot think about staying with him under one roof. When i told him he wants me to give him a chance.

Answer
Peace to you!

Thanks for your message. As clearly mentioned in my description, I am a follower of Jesus and my expertise is ONLY in answering questions Muslims have regarding Jesus, the Injeel, Zabur, Torah, how to get forgiveness, or the perspective of followers of Jesus on questions Muslims ask.

The reason for me being in the Islam section is that Muslims usually learn about Christianity from Muslims. That is bad academic scholarship and leads to great misunderstandings. If you have a question about an illness you go to a medical doctor not to someone who has a PhD in computing. Similarly, if you have a question about Christianity you must go to a follower of Jesus not to a Muslim. I am here to conveniently offer the removal of misunderstandings.

If you wish to learn more about the main message of the Holy Bible, I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on it. The first lesson explores what the Quran says about the Torah and Injeel and whether they are still reliable. Would you like to do this study?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help in any of the above.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham

Islam

A. Abraham