Islam/will the non muslim enter paradise?

Question
Sallam my brother Azam, hope you are well inshallah

I have a question that my manager who is Muslim asked me at work..

He wanted to know what will happen to the non muslims. As per my knowledge from the Quran, only the people who believe In Allah, the Quran, Prophet Muhammad pbuh will enter paradise, the Muslims.

Does that mean all non muslims will go to hell?

He also said some muslims are not perfect. Some drink alcohol, take drugs etc. What would happen to a person who was a hindu or a Christian for example, who had a simple life, never stole, never done any major sins, walked AROUND ants so that he doesn't step on it, although this person was not muslim, what would happen?

I understand this matter lies with Allah, but whats your opinon

BarakaAllahfeek!

Answer
Walaikum As Salaam brother!

Jazakallah and hope you and your beloved family are well by the grace of the Almighty Allah.

That's a typical question which is there on the lips of every Jew, Christian and Mohammedan
who without batting an eyelid don't hesitate to say that we only go to the paradise and not
others.

Who is a Muslim according to you? Was Prophet Abraham, Prophet Moses and Prophet Jesus were
Muslims, if they were then your criteria of believing in the Koran and our beloved prophet do
not apply to them since both did not existed during their life time.

The below reproduced verses gives you the answer to your and your Muslim manager question.

2:62
Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in God, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
5:69
Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, and the Christians; any of them who (1) believe in God and (2) believe in the Last Day, and (3) lead a righteous life, have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
22:17
Those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, the Christians, the Zoroastrians, and
the idol worshipers, God is the One who will judge among them on the Day of Resurrection. God
witnesses all things.

Am sure the above verses answered your questions as to who all are eligible to go to paradise

Now coming to your other question, who ever fails the above criteria either in the Jewish,
Christianity,Converts and the believers community, they are subjected to verse 22:17.

Coming to intoxicating oneself definitely leads to health problems, disorientation in one's
immediate family as well as being considered as pariah in the society and punished by the law
if any wrong doing is done during intoxicated state, which means that the person is already
paying a price in this world for his weakness towards intoxication.

Please note, the Almighty Allah is asking us to keep away from intoxication is not to please
the Almighty Allah but to save ourselves from the dangers/harms that it can cause to one's
health, immediately family and towards other fellow beings/humanity.

So, the person who intoxicates pays a price in the present world through ill health etc and
also ends up as a loser in the hereafter for the harm he has caused to others and the society
when he used to be an alcoholic/drug addict.

As far as those who do not come under 2:52 and 5:69 verses but still do good deeds that pleases
the Almighty Allah, then am sure the Almighty Allah will bestow guidance divinely that can lead
them to be considered towards the above 2 verses criteria or the Almighty Allah bless them with
many bounties in the present world for their good deeds but definitely not in hereafter if they
fail to comply with the above 2 verses. However the Almighty Allah knows all.

The below verses will tell you that a Muslim is one who believes in the Almighty Allah and
submits to the Almighty Allah by believing the Koran as well as all the previous scriptures
and believe all the prophets mentioned in the Koran as well as in the Previous scriptures
along his good deeds fearing the hereafter.

So we do not have the right to say who goes to heaven and who goes to hell or even debate over
it as the Almighty Allah clearly admonished/warned the Jews and Christians for claiming like
that in the Koran as per the below reproduced verses.

Further, the Almighty Allah clearly mentions in the Koran that there are Muslims from the
followers of the previous scriptures who meets the above 2 verses criteria.

2:101
Now that a messenger from God has come to them, and even though he proves and confirms their own scripture, some followers of the scripture disregard God's scripture behind their backs,
as if they never had any scripture.

2:111
Some have said, "No one will enter Paradise except Jews or Christians!" Such is their wishful thinking. Say, "Show us your proof, if you are right."

2:20
Neither the Jews, nor the Christians, will accept you, unless you follow their religion. Say, "God's guidance is the true guidance." If you acquiesce to their wishes, despite the knowledge you have received, you will find no ally or supporter to help you against God.

5:18
The Jews and the Christians said, "We are God's children and His beloved." Say, "Why then does He punish you for your sins? You are just humans like the other humans He created." He forgives whomever He wills and punishes whomever He wills. To God belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them, and to Him is the final destiny.

2:113
The Jews said, "The Christians have no basis," while the Christians said, "The Jews have no basis." Yet, both of them read the scripture. Such are the utterances of those who possess no knowledge. God will judge them on the Day of Resurrection, regarding their disputes.

3:113
They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture, there are those who are righteous. They recite God's revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate.

3:199
Surely, some followers of the previous scriptures do believe in God, and in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed to them. They reverence God, and they never trade away God's revelations for a cheap price. These will receive their recompense from their Lord. God is the most efficient in reckoning.

5:65
If only the people of the scripture believe and lead a righteous life, we will then remit their sins, and admit them into gardens of bliss.

29:46
Do not argue with the people of the scripture (Jews, Christians, and Muslims) except in the nicest possible manner - unless they transgress - and say, "We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our god and your god is one and the same; to Him we are submitters."

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed