Islam/Question

Question
Assalamulaikum,
       Recently, I found an article on the internet which says that Quran never mentions wife beating. It is written in that article that the Arabic word never means "to beat" in Surah Nisa verse 34. It says correct translation is as under:-

(4:34) [...]as for those women whose animosity or ill-will you have reason to fear, then leave them alone in bed, and then separate; and if thereupon they pay you heed, do not seek a way against them.

Can you clarify? The link to this article is as under:- http://islamicmyths.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/islam-forbids-wife-beating/

Jazakallah.

Answer
ASSALAAMU ALAIKUM W.B

I haven't been able  to read the article you sent me as yet  but I support the view that Allaah did not  mean beat your wife in the Qur'aan Inshaa Allaah.

Please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS  on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM  Inshaa Allaah.

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST
WWW.ALHIKMAT.COM
WWW.ALHIKMATTV.COM

Islam

Islamic Scholar