Islam/surah al-tasriq

Bismillahirarhmaniraheem,Assalamualaiukm,my question on surah al-tariq is on 86:15 "indeed they are planning a plan" and 86:16 "but i am planing a plan"....i got this from trusted website call "Noble Quran"...can you tell me what does that mean,because the surah was taking about pulsar in the universe that been confirmed by science the it says "they are planning a plan" and "but i planning a plan"...what does it means inshallah..

Wallaikum As Salaam and Juma Mubarak!

Am reproducing the complete chapter to have a better understanding of the 2 verses you wanted
an explanation.

Chapter 86: The Bright Star (Al-Taareq)‎
17 verses

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

By the sky and Al-Taareq.

Do you know what Al-Taareq is?

The bright star.

Absolutely, everyone is well guarded.

Let the human reflect on his creation.

He was created from ejected liquid.

From between the spine and the viscera.

He is certainly able to resurrect him.

The day all secrets become known.

He will have no power, nor a helper.

By the sky that returns (the water).

By the earth that cracks (to grow plants).

This is a serious narration.

Not to be taken lightly.

They plot and scheme.

But so do I.

Just respite the disbelievers a short respite.

Reproducing narrations and explanations from the internet on this chapter that may help us understand the verses better and in the right spirit.

1"A Guardian": Allah Almighty Himself, Who is looking after and watching over every creature,
big or small, in the earth and heavens. He it is Who has brought everything into existence,
Who is maintaining and sustaining everything in its place and position, and Who has taken the
responsibility to provide for every creature and to protect it from calamities till an
appointed tune. On this, an oath has been sworn by the heaven and by every star and planet
which appears in the darkness of the night. (Although lexically, an-najm ath-thaqib is
singular, it does not imply any one star but the star in the generic sense). The oath
signifies that the existence of each of the countless stars and planets that shines in the sky
at 'night, testifies to the fact that there is a Being Who has created it, illuminated it,
suspended it in space, and thus is watching over it in a manner that neither it falls from its
place nor collides with any other of the countless stars in their movements, nor does any
other star collide with it unless and untill the creator wills it.

2After making man ponder over the heavens, he is now being invited to consider his own self
and see how he has been created, who is it who selects one spermatozoon from among billions of
spermatozoa emitted by the father and combines it at some time with one ovum out of a large
number of the ova produced by the mother, and thus causes a particular human being to be
conceived? Then, who is it who after conception develops it gradually in the mother's womb
until it is delivered in the form of a living child? Then, who is it who in the mother's womb
itself brings about a certain proportion and harmony between its bodily structure and its
physical and mental capabilities? Then, who is it who watches over it continuously from birth
till death-protects it from disease, accidents and calamities and provides him with countless
means of life and opportunities for survival in the world of which he is not even conscious,
not to speak of having the power to provide these for himself. Is all this happening without
the planning and supervision of the One Almighty?  

3"Sulb" is the backbone and "tara'ib"the breast- bones, i.e. the ribs. Since the procreative
fluid in both man and woman is discharged from that part of the body which is between the back
and the breast, it is said that man has been created from the fluid issuing out froth between
the back and the breast. This fluid is produced even in case the hands and feet are cut off.
Therefore, it is not correct to say that it issues out from the whole body of man. In fact,
the principal organs of the body are its source and all these are located in the trunk. The
brain has not been mentioned separately because the back-bone is that part of the brain
through which connection between the body and the brain is established.

4That is, His bringing man into existence and watching over him from the tithe conception
takes place until death, is a clear proof that He can create him once again after death. If He
had the power to create him in the first instance and man stays alive in the world by His
power alone, what rational arguments can be presented for the conjecture that He does not have
the power to do the same thing a second time? To deny this power man will even have to deny
that God has brought him into existence, and the one who denies this may well come out one day
with the claim that all books in the world have been printed accidentally, all cities of the
world have been built accidentally, and there has occurred on the earth an explosion by chance
which made all the factories start functioning automatically. The fact is that the creation of
man, the structure of his body, the existence of the powers and capabilities working within
him, and his survival as a living being all this is a much more complex process than all
those works that have come to be accomplished through man, or are still in the process of
being accomplished. If such a complex work with such wisdom, proportion and order could be
accomplished just through a chance accident, what else could not be regarded as accidental by
a mentally deranged person?  

5"The hidden secrets": the acts of every person which remained a secret to the world as well
as those affairs which came before the world only in their apparent form, but the intentions,
aims and secret motives working behind them remained hidden from the people. On the
resurrection day all this will be laid bare and not only will the acts and deeds of every
person be examined but it will also be seen what was his motive and intention and object of so
acting. Likewise, it also remained hidden from the world, even from the doer of the act
himself, what effects and influences of his act appeared in the world, to what extent they
spread and for how long they continued to work. This secret too will be revealed on the
Resurrection Day and it will be fully examined as to what were the consequences of the seed
that a person sowed in the world, what fruit it bore and for how long it affected the later
generations for better or far worse.  

6The words dhat ar-raje have been used for the sky. Literally raje means to return, but
metaphorically this word is used for the rain in Arabic, for rain does not fall just once, but
returns over and over again in the season and of season as well. Another reason for calling
the rain raj e is that vapor from the oceans of the earth and then falls back as rain on the
sometimes out water rises as the same earth.  

7That is, just as the falling of rain froth the sky and the splitting of the earth to put out
shoots is no jest but a serious reality, so also the news which the Qur'an gives that man has
to return to his God is no jest but a definite and decisive reality and an unchangeable truth
which has to be fulfilled.  

8That is, these disbelievers are devising every kind of plan to defeat the invitation of the
Qur'an; they wish to blow out this candle; they are creating all sorts of doubts in the
people's minds: they are inventing false accusations against the Prophet who has brought it,
so as to frustrate his mission in the world and perpetuate the darkness of ignorance and
unbelief which he is struggling so hard to remove.  

9That is, "I am planning that none of their devices should succeed so that they are utterly
defeated in their designs, and the light which they are trying their utmost to put out,
spreads far and wide.  

10That is, "Leave them for a while to have their will. Before long the result will be before
them and they will realize how far their scheming has become successful against My plan.

Am no scholar to give an independent opinion but like rest of the Muslims I too search the
indepth meaning of each Koranic verse as and when I come across and accept those explanation
that are logical and acceptable to one's conscience. If its not logical or acceptable to my
conscience, then I continue my journey to seek knowledge to understand it as per the teachings
of the Koran Inshallah.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran.

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce