Islam/Learning guitar

I have interest in learning guitar fora while but i am not learning because i heard such things are prohibited.Is it permissable in Islam to learn guitar
Thank You

[Quran 31:6] “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…”

[Quran 6:112] Likewise did We appointed for every Messenger/prophet an enemy,- evil ones (shayateen) among men and jinns, inspiring each other with adorned speech as a delusion (deception). If your Lord had so willed, they would not have done it, so leave them alone with their fabrications.

[Quran 26:221] Shall I inform you (O people!) upon whom the Shayâtin (devils) descend?

[Quran 26:222] They descend on every lying (one who tells lies), sinful person.

[Quran 26:223] Who gives ear (to the devils and they pour what they may have heard of the unseen from the angels), and most of them are liars.

[Baqara 2:204] There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life May dazzle you, and he calls Allah/God to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies.

[Baqara 2:205] When he turns his back, His aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah/God loveth not mischief.

[Baqara 2:206] When it is said to him, "Fear Allah/God", He is led by arrogance to (more) crime. Enough for him is Hell;-An evil bed indeed (To lie on)!

[Baqara 2:207] And there is the type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of Allah/God: And Allah/God is full of kindness to (His) devotees.

[Baqara 2:208] O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy.

[Baqara 2:209] If you backslide after the clear (Signs) have come to you, then know that Allah/God is Exalted in Power, Wise.

[Quran 17:53] And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaitan (Satan) verily, sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is to man an open enemy.

[Quran 17:61] Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": they bowed down except Iblis: he said: "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"

[Quran 17:62] He said: "Seest Thou? This is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway, all but a few!"

[Quran 17:63] (Allah) said: "Go your way; if any of them follow you, verily Hell will be the recompense of you (all) - an ample recompense.

[Quran 17:64] "Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with your (seductive) voice, make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them. "But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.

[Quran 17:65] "As for My servants, no authority shalt thou have over them: "Enough is your Lord for a Disposer of affairs.

[Quran 7:201] Verily, those who have Taqwa, when an evil thought comes to them from Shaytan, they remember (Allah), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

[Quran 7:202] But (as for) their brothers (the devils' brothers) they (the devils) plunge them deeper into error, and they never stop short.

[Quran 23:1] The believers must (eventually) win through.
[Quran 23:2] Those who humble themselves in their prayers.
[Quran 23:3] Who avoid vain talk.
[Quran 23:4] Who are active in deeds of charity.
[Quran 23:5] Who abstain from sex.
[Quran 23:6] Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess, for (in their case) they are free from blame.

Shahih Bukhari Vol 5, Book 58. Hadith 268.
Narrated By 'Aisha : That once Abu Bakr came to her on the day of 'Id-ul-Fitr or 'Id-ul-Adha while the Prophet was with her and there were two girl singers with her, singing songs of the Ansar about the day of Buath. Abu Bakr said twice. "Musical instrument of Satan!" But the Prophet said, "Leave them Abu Bakr, for every nation has an 'Id (i.e. festival) and this day is our 'Id."

Shahih Bukhari Vol 7, Book 69. Drinks. Hadith 494B.
Narrated By Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari : That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

AbuDawud Book 036, Hadith Number 4909.
Narated By Abdullah ibn Mas'ud : Salam ibn Miskin, quoting an old man who witnessed AbuWa'il in a wedding feast, said: They began to play, amuse and sing. He united the support of his hand round his knees that were drawn up, and said: I heard Abdullah (ibn Mas'ud) say: I heard the apostle of Allah (pbuh) say: Singing produces hypocrisy in the heart.

From the above you can easily derive that it is better to leave music and start doing zikr of Allah. The best way is to start listening to quran with translation. Remember a person listens to music just to past time or to freshen up. Be reminded that we have a better option and we can say tasbeeh instead of that and make Allah happy.  

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.