Islam/about painting

Is painting is a sin? like human painting? i m a student of fine arts and i read it many times that it is a sin... but at the other side i also heard it many times that it was sin at that time when people draw a human body and started praising it... it happen in olden times so that was the order for those people who started praising it like a GOD... (NA AUZUBILLAH) NOW IN THOSE DAYS IT IS JUST AN art no body thinks that we have to praise him as we all know that we have one GOD... ALLAH.. so, plz help me and send me some true references from QURAN AND HADITH... its easy for me to decide whether i should continue my study in those subjects or not... thanks..

Actually, I am doing some preparation for a Grand Islamic Event this weekend Inshaa Allaah - I apologize for not being able to answer your question at this time - please forgive me for that Inshaa Allaah-  as soon as I have some availability , I will try to answer your question Inshaa Allaah -however, please do not hesitate to send me a reminder  Inshaa Allaah

In the meantime, please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS  on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM  Inshaa Allaah.

Islamic Scholar

BRIEF BIO Shaikh Shafayat was born, in Trinidad, West Indies, where he attended College etc.. Due to his multi-faith and cultural upbringing, he was awarded a scholarship to become a Christian Minister. In 1975 he went to India to study Islam and became the first student from the Caribbean and North America to have enrolled in Darul Uloom Deoband, which is the largest and oldest Islamic Institute in India. In addition to graduating as a Qaari and Islamic Scholar, he also did a course in Journalism and established the Al Hikmat Muslim Magazine, plus he produced many television and radio programs in Trinidad and Florida USA. In 1983 he founded the National Muslim Sports League of Trinidad and Tobago, which established the Islamic Home for Children. He is the Founder/Principal of Darul Uloom Institute in Pembroke Pines Florida and the first Muslim to become President of the Interfaith Council of South Florida in the year 2002. He organized and conducted many Christian / Muslim / Jewish Dialogues in Churches, Synagogues and Islamic Centers in the U.S.A.. Shaikh Shafayat was the first Muslim to represent Islam at a Florida State Faith Summit, held at the Capitol Building with Gov. Jeb Bush in the year 2000. He is a recipient of the Silver Medallion Award from NCCJ (a national interfaith organization) and a recipient of the Peacemaker Award from St. Thomas University in Miami. For many years he lectured on Islam and terrorism to Pembroke Pines Police of South Florida and other Law Enforcement Officers. He lectures throughout the U.S.A. and worldwide on Islam, Interfaith Issues and Cultural Diversity.