Islam/Custody of Child in a divorce situation

Question
I am currently 7 months pregnant with my 2nd child (first not from my ex-husband) and I have asked for release in which I have received. I live in the United States and he lives in Yemen but was here for medical reasons and has yet to leave. The only conversation I have had with him since this release was the custody of the child. He says that he has more right because he lives in a Muslim country but he will not take her (yes I am having a daughter Alhamdililah) even when she is two so that it will not hurt me. He has two other wives and 6 other children.
In my opinion the longer it takes to have him take her the more pain I will go through having raised her for 24 months. I have a 15 month old son and I'm not ready to 'literally' raise two children on my own with the worry of my other child being taken away at any given time. He has also not talked about helping with financials except taking her to make it cheaper on him.
Is it permissible for me to go ahead and give him my daughter at a younger age without me even getting married? I understand that he lives in a Muslim country and I want my child to raised in one but I do not have the funds to go to one myself at the moment but I am in the process. I want my children to be raised in the best environment as early as they can, what are your thoughts and proof? Am I allowed to go ahead and hand her over, can he deny me, do I have to get remarried first and also, is it true that just because he lives in a Muslim country he has more right to custody?

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum! Can u please mail clearly how many children u have from your ex husband and the current Yemeni man apart from being pregnant through him.
Being an Islamic nation doesn't  guarantee a proper up bringing since every thing depends how the parents bring up their children and the Almighty Allah guides every one to the right path which ever land they live in if we try to seek the right path.
If your Yemeni man wants to take your daughter with him and if she is through your first husband then you shouldn't send her with him and he has no right over her in the first place even if he is from Yemen since she is not his biological daughter.
Are you married to him to him or not and Wat American you are? Ethnic or white or black?
May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our if our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed