Islam/getting married without parents permissio?

My name is hamza and i am 25 years old. I had met a cousin of mine at a wedding about 6 years ago and we started talking at which tine i was studying and was not ready to get married.

Now, 6 years on me and that girl want to get to get married but my parents will just not agree to the marriage. In my view they are taking their cultural views on board far more than their religious ones.

There are some things i should point out to you about this girl which are that she is divorced with one child and that she is more than six years older than me. These are the main things which i think are putting my parents off this relationships but i do know there maybe some hearsay stuff they might have heard about her family but those things are of no concern to me.

As a muslim, if i was to marry her i do not think that any of those things mentioned above would void a lawful marriage. If i am wrong please tell me.

If my parents do not agree to this marriage, then would be any sin on me if still went to a mosque and got married to her? Could you please also tell me, if the girl would need permission off any of her family members even though she is divorced? Please reference to quotes in qur'an and hadeeth where possible

Marriage is your choice and parents have no right to compel you to marry out of your will and pleasure. It's not a sin to disobey them in this regards as the Quran gives you the right to chose your spouse.

4:3 If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.