You are here:

Islam/Can muslims get married in government register office which is not in islamic way


As salaam allaikum
Im from the family of dhahees. So alhamdulellah almost 1 year ago 2 non muslim brothers and 1 sister REVERTED to islam. I insha allah wanted to marry that girl. As her parents beeing non muslim so they are no more her walli so i went to that girl and told shal i marry you? She said insha allah lets get married. My parents everywell know those reverted friends. But stil i ddint day to that i have interest in marrying that girl. Im damn sure insha allah if i say this to my parents they wil be happy enough about my decision of marrying a reverted girls. I know the procesure of marrying her in islamic way everywell. I know whom to make as walli for her and everything im clear. My question is. I want to marry her now. She is from srilanka studying colege in india. We both wanted to get married now before she goes back to her country. But i dont want to tel my parents about our married as v r only about 21 years though my paremts wil accept but they wil say me to wait til age of 24 years. But if she leave the country without marrying me she fears wheather her kafir parent wil force her to marry a kafir guy. so now i cant tel to my parents also i camt send her back to her country without marrying also. please help me in my doubt. Shal v both get married in government register office under the special married act. Is that allowed in islam for two muslim to get married in register office. We hav no other way but sure at the age of finishing colege ill say to my parent and arrange for a beautiful ISLAMIC MARRIGE IN ALLAH HOUSE(MOSQUE) but before that shal i marry her in register office???? Please help me in the way of islam.


You have a typical Indian/ Pakistany cultural  problem........
Point no.  1. Actually it is recommended that you legally register your marriage. Inshaa Allaah
Point no.2. Her parents can still be her wali even though they are not muslims Inshaa Allaah
Point no. 3 You should consult your parents and her parents before marrying Inshaa Allaah
Point no. 3 Registering the marriage does not make marriage valid Islamically withouth Nikaah - so you could do the nikaah and registration now and do a grand walima or reception after a few years  Inshaa Allaah




All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Islamic Scholar


BRIEF BIO Shaikh Shafayat was born, in Trinidad, West Indies, where he attended College etc.. Due to his multi-faith and cultural upbringing, he was awarded a scholarship to become a Christian Minister. In 1975 he went to India to study Islam and became the first student from the Caribbean and North America to have enrolled in Darul Uloom Deoband, which is the largest and oldest Islamic Institute in India. In addition to graduating as a Qaari and Islamic Scholar, he also did a course in Journalism and established the Al Hikmat Muslim Magazine, plus he produced many television and radio programs in Trinidad and Florida USA. In 1983 he founded the National Muslim Sports League of Trinidad and Tobago, which established the Islamic Home for Children. He is the Founder/Principal of Darul Uloom Institute in Pembroke Pines Florida and the first Muslim to become President of the Interfaith Council of South Florida in the year 2002. He organized and conducted many Christian / Muslim / Jewish Dialogues in Churches, Synagogues and Islamic Centers in the U.S.A.. Shaikh Shafayat was the first Muslim to represent Islam at a Florida State Faith Summit, held at the Capitol Building with Gov. Jeb Bush in the year 2000. He is a recipient of the Silver Medallion Award from NCCJ (a national interfaith organization) and a recipient of the Peacemaker Award from St. Thomas University in Miami. For many years he lectured on Islam and terrorism to Pembroke Pines Police of South Florida and other Law Enforcement Officers. He lectures throughout the U.S.A. and worldwide on Islam, Interfaith Issues and Cultural Diversity.

©2017 All rights reserved.