Islam/Outstanding Ramadan fasts

Salam alaykum. My questions concern repaying ramadan fasts. I have learned that if a person does not pay back a fast till another ramadan passes then he must give out one mudd of grains in compensation. So my questions are:

1-can a person repay the fast before he gives out the grains, or must both be done on the same day?

2- also, if for example a woman has an outstanding fast for the year 2010 and didn't repay it until the ramadan of 2011 had come and pass, can she pay the 8 fasts of 2011 before the 1 fast of 2010 she missed?

3- and finally, does the number of mudd of grains to be given accumulate over the years?i.e if a fast of 2010 is being repayed in 2013 is still just one mudd that will be given out?
Allah's blessings upon you for your help.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

1. The compensation for a single missed fast is ....

[Quran 2:184] (fasting) for a fixed number of days, except if any of you is ill or on a journey (during then) the same (missed) number (should be made up) during other/later days. And as for those who are able to fast but with hardship, they have (a choice either to fast or) to feed a poor/needy person. But whoever does good (excess) of his own free-will it is better for him. But to fast is best for you if you only knew.

Till you are alive, you have the opportunity either to fast or feed a poor in order to make up for the missed fast.

2. if you have outstanding fasts which you are unable to makeup by fasting, then better feed the hungry and finish it off.

3. i am sorry i am not aware of this one mudd thing. I have quoted the quranic verse which does not mention one mudd.

Allahs blessing upon you too sister. What held you from fasting ?

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.