Islam/Wazaif

Question
These days people have started believing very strongly in different wazaif for various purposes. A wazeefa (plural wazaif) is a particular Surah from the Holly Quran or an Ayat which is to be recited repeatedly for a specific number of times, for a specific duration of days to get some desire fulfilled by making supplication to Allah when then Wazeefa is complete.  However, there is no such mention of such wazaif in Ahadeeth. The Holy prophet (PBUH) has never been reported to have practiced any wazeefa which included reciting somethin 100 times or 11 times etc. People claim that Aulia Karam (people who attained a high spiritual rank through their worship and good deeds) have the knowledge through which they have come up with these wazaifa, telling us how many times to recite a Surah or ayat for different purposes.

What is your view about these wazaif? Do Aulia Karam really have the knowledge and authority to recommend people to recite something specific times for a specific duration of time? If we recite these wazaif and then make dua to Allah, will it be alright or will be considered shirk? Is it considered against tawakul on Allah?

I want to ask you for a specific wazeefa please tell me if I can do this. It is recommended for any problem or hardship we are facing. We have to recite Ayat ul Kursi for a specific number of times after Isha prayers for a specific number of days or till our hardship is over ( I am not stating the exact number of times and days here in case this Wazeefa is not appropriate and someone starts practicing it by getting information from here then I will be responsible for the sin).

Please tell me if I do this wazeefa will it be against Tawakul on Allah? My intentions are not to believe in any other entity except Allah. After all, at the end of wazeefa I will make dua to Allah alone and maybe after reciting Ayat ul Kursi continuously so many time, my dua will be answered by Allah? Am I thinking right?

Please do throw light on this matter and eliminate all my confusions which I have stated above. Why do people practice all these wazaif if they are not in Ahadeeth? Even alims recommend wazaif to people. Who decides that which Surah or Ayat should be recited for which purpose and for how may times? Has Allah really made different Surahs for different purposes for His slaves? is it alright and can I do the wazeefa mentioned above about Ayat ul Kursi??

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Sister,

Excellent question.

These things are prevalent in places where people do not have authentic knowledge of islam or where the culture is very old and traditional.

There is no such thing as wazifa - so far to the best of my knowledge of Quran/Hadith.

To remove our problems, Allah has already informed us methods in the quran.

[Quran 2:45] "Seek Allah's help with patient perseverance and prayer. It is indeed hard except for those who are humble."

[Quran 2:153] "Oh you who believe! Seek help with patient perseverance and prayer, for God is with those who patiently persevere." "Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil.

[Quran 64:11] No kind of calamity can occur, except by the leave of Allah. and if any one believes in Allah, (Allah) guides his heart (aright): for Allah knows all things.

[Quran 2:155-157] But give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance."

[Quran 3:200] "Oh you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy. Vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other, and be pious, that you may prosper."

[Quran 11:115] "And be steadfast in patience, for verily Allah will not suffer the reward of the righteous to perish."

[Quran 16:127]"Be patient, for your patience is with the help of Allah."

[Quran 40:55]"Patiently, then, persevere - for the Promise of Allah is true, and ask forgiveness for your faults, and celebrate the praises of your Lord in the evening and in the morning."

[Quran 41:35]"No one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint, none but persons of the greatest good fortune."

[Quran 103:2-3] "Verily man is in loss, except such as have faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual enjoining of truth, and of patience and constancy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Islam

Ahmer