Islam/fasting and hijab

Question
Asalamwalakum, Ramadan is coming up and my little sister is 10 years old, she hasn't gotten her period yet but she has gone through puberty. Is she supposed to fast? And I see a lot of women who wear Hijab and wear flip flops which shows their feet. Is it allowed to wear Hijab and show feet?

Answer
Wallekum As Salaam!

Inshallah she can start fasting initially with 1 or 2 fasts to start with and continue since this is the right age to make young children know about Islam's religious obligations.

Coming to Hijab and Jijab it is traditional and cultural practices of some countries and it is not Islamic religious instruction or compulsion.

Coming to showing woman's feet the Almighty Allah created different seasons to take care each part of our body like when to cover and when not.

If any one cover their feet all through the seasons then it's bound to develop skin problems.

Please do not relate all these man made compulsion with Islam, as the Almighty Allah asked the woman to cover bosom and wear righteous cloths in the Koran to avoid the evil eye of the weaker men.

Please read and study Koran in the language you best understand to follow in your life.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the right path of Islam as per the Koran for rest of of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed