Islam/A precaution while forming Saf

Question
QUESTION: Salam Mr. Ahmer!
Please help me, I have a question: If people are forming up a row (Saf) for the Jamma'at and somebody is offering prayer in the rear adjacent row, should the people come in front of him or leave a gap in the row they are forming? Wouldn't be it wrong if they come in front of him?

ANSWER: I just came from india trip pls re ask

QUESTION: As-Salam-o-Alaekum, Mr Ahmer.

Some days earlier, I asked you a question in reply of which you said me to re ask. So here it goes:

If a person is performing Salat individually and has not finished yet when the time for congregational Salat arrives, the precaution to be taken by other people around regarding completion of Saf in such a situation, I need to know about that.

Taking example of Fajr, consider a man still performing Fajr's Sunnat prayer in mosque when the time for performing Fardh prayer arrives. Now the people begin lining up for congregational prayer (jama'at). They see that the person is performing Sunnat prayer in the row adjacently behind the one they are forming. Should another man come in front of him to complete the front row? Won't it be a sinful act?

If you cannot comprehend what I am trying to ask, please let me know.

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Brother Yasir,
Its a question about sutra. Well the sutra of a person starts from the feet till his sajada place. So if a person wants to come in front - he should not cross the sutra but get it from the side.
for example you are in the 2nd row. Jamat is about to start. The 1st row position in front of you should be filled by a person already standing in the front row. This way he will not cross your sutra.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 009, Hadith Number 472.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Ibn 'Abbas : Once I came riding a she-ass when I had just attained the age of puberty. Allah's Apostle was offering the prayer at Mina with no wall in front of him and I passed in front of some of the row. There I dismounted and let my she-ass loose to graze and entered the row and nobody objected to me about it.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 009, Hadith Number 473.
Narated By Ibn 'Umar : Whenever Allah's Apostle came out on 'Id day, he used to order that a Harba (a short spear) to be planted in front of him (as a Sutra for his prayer) and then he used to pray facing it with the people behind him and used to do the same while on a journey. After the Prophet , this practice was adopted by the Muslim rulers (who followed his traditions).

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 009, Hadith Number 474.
Narated By 'Aun bin Abi Juhaifa : I heard my father saying, "The Prophet led us, and prayed a two-Rak'at Zuhr prayer and then a two-Rak'at 'Asr prayer at Al-Batha' with an 'Anza (planted) in front of him (as a Sutra) while women and donkeys were passing in front of him (beyond that 'Anza)."

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 009, Hadith Number 475.
Narated By Sahl (bin Sa'd) : The distance between the Musalla of Allah's Apostle and the wall was just sufficient for a sheep to pass through.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 009, Hadith Number 476.
Narated By Salama : The distance between the wall of the mosque and the pulpit was hardly enough for a sheep to pass through.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 009, Hadith Number 477.
Narated By 'Abdullah : The Prophet used to get a Harba planted in front of him (as a Sutra) and pray behind it.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 009, Hadith Number 478.
Narated By 'Aun bin Abi Juhaifa : that he had heard his father saying, "Allah's Apostle came to us at mid-day and water was brought for his ablution. He performed ablution and led us in Zuhr and 'Asr prayers with an 'Anza planted in front of him (as a Sutra), while women and donkeys were passing beyond it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Islam

Ahmer