Islam/Using cracked software...

Assalamu alaikum!!!

I'm here to ask about the ruling and law when using pirated and cracked software. Once I downloaded a useful software into my PC. It was a trial version to be used for a month and I had the idea to crack it and use it as a full version even though I need to register the software to run it as a full version. Registering involves buying the license key whereas I don't use credit cards at all. So when I was searching for cracked license keys online, suddenly an idea came up in my mind that I'm going to do a fraud or some illegal work. But before this I haven't thought about such issues. This incident paved the way for me to think about this issue deeply...
People all over the world including me are using so many such software in our PCs including the biggest software; that is the operating system(OS) being a cracked version...
We as Muslims know that stealing and robbing as illegal acts but I think as Muslims we haven't thought about the issue I'm concerned here right now.
So in brief I use cracked OS and other software. I also have a doubt about owning and using laptops and desktops having such software. So my question is what's your opinion and the ruling in Islamic point of view?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

Its prohibited !! its stealing/cheating. You should pay for the software you are using.

[Quran 60:12] O Prophet! When believing women come pedging to you, that they will not associate in worship anything with Allah (God), that they will not steal, that they will not commit adultery (or fornication), that they will not kill their children, that they will not utter slander, intentionally forging falsehood, and that they will not disobey you in any good matter, then accept their pledge, and ask Allah to forgive them, Verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.