Islam/Halaal or Haraam

Assalamu alaikum
Iam a civil engneer working in a consultancy firm in Muscat.To make you clear, if a project is considered, the contractors and sub contractors come under consultants only. If they want to do any activities in site, they have to get approval from consultants.
This s the situation and some of my senior staffs get money from contractors to help them finish their work smoothly without delay. Some people keep this as a habit to get money or electronic gadgets etc and when i ask them regarding this they say
" we are consultants. Contractors have to do such things to finish their work without delay"
So i also couldnt control my NAFS and i fear for ALLAH. Is this haraam or halaal??? Hope you  understand my situation and question as well...

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

Its a delicate subject. However in order to be free from guilt - please inform your employers about this.
However those who refuse to give you gift - you should still carry out their work with full responsibility.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.