Islam/A precaution while forming Saf

Question
QUESTION: Salam Mr. Azam Mohammaed!
Please help me, I have a question: If people are forming up a row (Saf) for the Jamma'at (congregational salat) and somebody is still offering prayer (salat) in the rear adjacent row, should the people come in front of him or leave a gap in the row they are forming? Wouldn't be it wrong if they come in front of him to leave no gap in the Saf being formed?

ANSWER: Wallaikum As Salaam!

What did we learn in schools while forming the rows in the morning assembly 'to form 2nd row
only upon completion of the first row'.

And same applies while performing salat in a congregation while forming the second or third
or fourth rows has to be formed only upon completion of its front row.

And when forming any row one has to stand in the middle so that it allows others to join on
both sideways. More than what is right or wrong we can call it as discipline since it looks
in order.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: Thank you Mr. Azam Mohammaed, for replying me. But with profound respect, I fear that you probably misunderstood my question.

Unquestionably no subsequent row should be formed unless the preceding row is completely filled. But if an individual is in the middle of his individual Salat when the time for congregational Salat arrives, the precaution to be taken by other people regarding completing the row in such a situation, I inquired about that.

Taking example of Fajr, consider a man still performing Fajr's Sunnat prayer in mosque when the time for performing Fardh prayer arrives. Now the people begin lining up for congregational prayer (jama'at). They see that the person is performing Sunnat prayer in the row adjacently behind the one they are forming. Should another man come in front of him to complete the front row? Won't it be a sinful act?

If you cannot comprehend what I am trying to inquire, please let me know.

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

We are commanded in the Koran by the Almighty Allah to wish each other with a Salaam as & when
we write or come across each other.

The Almighty Allah in the own wisdom perhaps made me not to understand your question initially
since it had a purpose.

And it is that I follow only Koran for any obligatory injunctions, so I do not perform sunnat
salat.

For a moment consider we all perform only the Farz salat then this situation will never arise,
isn't?

Further, it dawned on me that we Muslims relegated our obligatory salat to the middle Sunnat >
Farz > Nafil.

How can the Creator's salat be in the second? How on earth I didnt give a thought on this!

And coming to your question, it is no sin for a person to go infront of the one that is
performing Sunnat salat in order to complete the saf(row), after all it is the Farz salat
that supercedes all salats that most Muslims observes which is not ordained by the Almighty
Allah.

I have seen in the congregation many hurriedly performing sunnat salat even when Farz salat
starts forgetting that Farz salat is the Almighty Allah's ordained salat.

Am sure it this will start a debate/discussion and more than willing for the same if it
debated/discussed with an open mind.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed