Islam/salat and clothing

Question
salam brother

I want to ask you about salat and clothing, quran said --
[7:31] O children of Adam, you shall be clean and dress nicely when you go to the masjid. And eat and drink moderately; Surely, He does not love the gluttons.
quran did not order the women to cover their heads or head to feet in the prayer .
Allah ordered us just dress nicely. Which mean we should remove our nakedness.

If I'm on duty I pray in my uniform, whether it's a flight suit or class A's. Off duty I pray in jeans and a tank top, or a skirt and blouse, or running shorts and whatever I happen to be wearing. If I am at beach I pray in my bathing suits And if I'm home with my husband what I'm wearing doesn't matter in the least when we pray side by side.

Now my question is where in the Koran does it say to cover women from head-to-toe or wear hijab in the prayer?

Salaam,

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam & Ramadan Kareem!

Sorry for the delayed response.

Hijab/Jijab (covering head to toe/only hair) are cultural & traditional customs that were
practised even before the rebirth of Islam in countries like EU, Asia, Africa & few other
countries but still being practised mostly in Muslim dominated countries of Arab world and
Persia (Iran), Asia as well as by woman of these origins residing any where in the world,
and unfrotunately on a wrong notion of Islamic religious complusion.

These Koranic verses 7:26-27 & 31; 24:31, 33:59; 7:22; 20:21 clearly mentioned what parts
of the body to be covered, lenghthening of the garments & righteous garments separting the righteous believing woman from the rest. Read these verses in www.submission.org for word
to word translation in simple english.

Righteous clothing doesn't mean covering only your private body parts or remove nakedness.

First of all the Almighty Allah clearly mentioned that garments are made to cover the body
& not certain parts of the body only.

Please note, when Adam and Eve bodies were exposed, they tried to cover their bodies with
leaves and not only certain parts of their bodies.

When the woman is asked to cover her chest & can relax this infront of her husband, other
relatives/servants mentioned in the Koran, it doesnt mean that she can walk around topless.

It means apart from what ever the outer garment she wears, she must ensure to cover her bosom
over & above the outer garment in order not to reveal the shape/size of the bosom to other than the people allowed in the Koran.

Just hypothytically, if the verse is interpreted that woman is asked to cover from head to
toe, then what is that she can shake and reveal certain details of her body while walking
or striking the feet on the ground with her body fully covered from head to toe.

And finally, the Almighty Allah is asking to dress nicely when one goes to Masjid, it means
everything, decent garment, well groomed and with some fraganance applied as we stand along
side each other.

Now, based on the above verses, you decide what is the righteous garment the Almighty Allah
has asked the women to wear and start wearing those that makes you feel comfortable to ensure
that your body parts are not revealed to attract other men while on duty or offering salat.

Coming to cloths while offering salat, you can wear whatever you are comfortable in when you
are all alone but if your husband is offering salat side by side, then you should wear cloths
that covers you well to avoid any distraction to your husband and you during some pustures in
the salat leading to distraction in both concentration.

By the way which origin you are from & if you have whatssap, wechat,viber or tango, you can add
me to send and recieve questions/answers fast.

The cell # is +919849026154.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed