Islam/unconsented fasting?

Question
QUESTION: I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder,a form of mental "illness", and my psychiatrist does not advise me to fast this Ramadhan since i am taking medication;but i really do  want to fast and am now fasting.I already missed a month of Ramadhan due to this condition and it would take me another year to complete my therapy which would mean i will miss another month. What should i do as a pious muslim? how can i cope up with my missed months? What is the ruling of this basing from the Qur'an and Hadith?

ANSWER: As Salaam Alaikum!

As we Muslims we are commanded by the Almighty Allah in the Koran to wish each other with a
'Salaam' when ever we come across or write to each other.

Well, if the doctor has strictly advised not to fast due to medication and treatment then you
shouldn't as the Almighty Allah, the most benevolent, the most merciful the most high exempted
sick persons from fasting as per the verse below:

Inshallah, once you are back to your normal self after completing your medication course, then
you can fast in the month of Ramadan.

"2:184
Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew."

May the Almighy Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: As-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah..

im still not getting you yet..
so if my medication is due up to,say, 2014 and i would then miss 3 fasting months in total and i would have to fast 90 days though it were outside of ramadhan?? that sounds  a little bit weird..

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam!

Please read the ayat carefully below:

"2:184

If you read this " Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast" the ayats says that you have to feed a poor for
30 days of the fasting period inc ase you cannot subsititue. In case you cant afford to feed a
poor for 30 days then as soon as you get well then you can subsitute say 15-30 days every year apart from Ramadan month for the missed fasts.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed