Islam/unconsented fasting?

I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder,a form of mental "illness", and my psychiatrist does not advise me to fast this Ramadhan since i am taking medication;but i really do  want to fast and am now fasting.I already missed a month of Ramadhan due to this condition and it would take me another year to complete my therapy which would mean i will miss another month. What should i do as a pious muslim? how can i cope up with my missed months? What is the ruling of this basing from the Qur'an and Hadith?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

May Allah reward you. A pious muslim is the one who obeys The command of Allah.

And Allah has already ordered that a sick person can leave fast.

[Quran 2:183] O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may (learn) self-restraint.

[2:184] (fasting) for a fixed number of days, except if any of you is ill or on a journey (during then) the same (missed) number (should be made up) during other/later days. And as for those who are able to fast but with hardship, they have (a choice either to fast or) to feed a poor/needy person. But whoever does good (excess) of his own free-will it is better for him. But to fast is best for you if you only knew.

[2:185] The month of Ramadan in which  the Quran was revealed/sent down as a guidance for mankind and clear proofs/signs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the new moon for) the month let him fast in it and whoever is ill or on a journey the prescribed period (should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you, He does not want to put to difficulties. And (wants) you to complete the period and to magnify Allah for that (to) which he has guided you, and perhaps you will be thankfull.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.