Islam/Virginity?

Question
Al-Salam Alykum,
I have some questions that worry me a lot. Al-hamduliallah I am a virgin and haven't done anything bad, I never talked to guys , but I do play sports like horse back riding and I ride my bicycle, until one day my friend told me its haram, because my hymen will break an I will no longer be a virgin...I'm so scared now , what if I broke my hymen? My future husband will hate me an maybe even kill me...I'm an Arab that lives in an Arab country and virginity is very important...so please Akhi I'm so scared what can I do, I can't tell anyone from my family because its not a topic to talk about...I'm sorry in advance, but what if I get married and my husband gets mad, what should I do, say, react? I'm so worried and terrified because I'm in the age of marriage and most of my friends are married, so I'm really scared if I get divorced or he will hate me.
Thanks in advance

Answer
Virginity is not a condition of marriage or piety and it's unfortunate that your culture has put so much emphasis on this although Islam knows that a girl can lose her hymen form heavy periods or horse riding. See a doctor with a friend and make sure you are fine.
Find a husband who is educated and you can talk to and who loves you for who you are.  

Islam

Imam Habeeb