Islam/Evolution and Creation

Question
QUESTION: I have a huge mental block against religion for a very simple reason being evolution. Especially when there is clear material proof man has evolved from primates. I clearly do not see where or how Adam and Eve belong to this equation. I know this is a vague statement but please bear with me while I try to be detailed about the proof of evolution and by proof I mean fossil evidence not a theory.

The evolution of humans start from Genus Australopithecus in east Africa 4 million years ago. These are species that resembled the link between man and ape. Africa was then a dense forest with lots of trees which supported the habitat for the survival of  H.Australopithecus. With the course of time, Africa started to become a barren dessert. The shoulder joints of examined Australopithecus  fossils tell us they could swing on trees like the chimpanzee as well as have attributed of a land animal as we are today.

The next stage was that of Genus Homo such as Homo Habilus and H.gautengensis who evolved from Australopithecus. They where present on the earth some 2.4 - 1.4 million years ago. They where the first to start using tools and still didn't move on 2 legs but where more adapted to stay on trees like its ancestors.

Then came H.georgicus an intermediary between H.Habilus and H.Erectus between 1.9 - 1.6 million years ago.

Then as you may have guessed was the time of H.Erectus from 1.8 million years to about 700,000 years ago. Probably wiped out by the  Toba catastrophe with  Homo erectus soloensis surviving it. They where the first human species to use fire and the first to walk on 2 legs.

Then came H. cepranensis intermediary between H. erectus and H. heidelbergensis. I hope you are understanding where I am going with this. Then came H. rhodesiensis then the Neanderthal, the floresiensis and finally H. sapiens i.e Us.

When there is a clear hierarchy like this presented to us by science and evolutionary biologists, how is it even remotely possible that human beings where created?

I hope you can answer my question better than I could frame my question. If you require any more information or proof it is unfortunate as the original fossils of these are only presented in The National Museum of Nairobi but casts of the same can be seen in any major museum in the United States of America.

ANSWER: As Salaam Alaikum!

Perhaps you must read Koran in the language you best understand that will clarify your doubts.

And before I answer your question and since you seems to be an expert on evolution, it just
stuck to me while reading your question why the evolution process suddenly stopped with all
chimpanzees continue to live and die like chimpanzee after the evolution into a man.

I dont know how old you are and your profession, but I first and foremost believe in Koran as
the word of the Almighty Allah through our last prophet Mohammed.

And whenever I get these science proven things in my mind which sometime makes people like you
doubt on the religion, I try to study Koran linking with science and logic.

There is nothing in the Koran that sounds unscientific or illogical but one must read & study
it keeping in mind that it was revelaed 1400 years when science has not developed.

But now with so much development and progress in the science, link the scientific proven facts
with some of the verses in the Koran that concludes Koran is indeed the word of the Almighty
Allah.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: Walaikum As Salam,

Well firstly, Humans did not evolve from chimpanzee's they merely had a common ancestor called Ardipithecus kadabba. The reason why the chimpanzee and humans so different is because of the evolution circumstances whic came about in Africa. I hope you know that we can form a clear path for the origin of Humans from Africa.

Africa was a Dense forest in the past maybe some 3-4 million years ago. The change of climate and conversion of this forest into a desert made the tree swinging creature evolve to walk on 2 legs to conserve more energy and improve blood circulation to the brain. This was the turning point why the hominids in Africa evolved into humans and the other are still chimpanzee's.

This is a vast topic and the only thing I want to put forward is that the creationism theory that Adam was the first man on earth completely denies the fact that evolution is a fact although we have now found the missing link between apes and humans with many fossil evidence.

I completely respect you saying that the Quran revelation sent down to the Prophet(PBUH)1400 years ago and it only includes knowledge of people who used to live 1400 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Most of the scholars don't even help me.

Answer
As salaam Alaikum!

Am impressed with your knowledge Mashallah, but I/o of using your knowledge to prove that Koran indeed is the word of theAlmighty Allah.
Perhaps your mental block is due to your hear & say from mullahs and people who claim to be scholars.
First of all am not a scholar but a simple man seeking knowledge and wisdom through Koran.
For example in Sura Al Hadid the verse says that Iron was sent down on earth for mankind use, now how/what a litterate and an illiterate as
well as a wise man look for in this verse. And what do you understand by this verse.
Further, there is a saying that most of us blindly believe what scientist or authors says/writes down w/o even bothering to check, but many of
us do not believe what the holy books says even w/o reading and understanding it.
As we both are in the same boat with different missions, but am sure we can appreciate each others knowledge, experience and wisdom to
find the wisdom and lead a righteous life for others to follow too Inshallah.

I would to talk to you on this subject and you can give me a miss call so that I can call you back. My # is +919849026154.

And by the way Darvins evolution theory is still not accepted by all the scientific community and understand USA and few other developed
do not accept the community.

Further, Koran says that that the Almighty Allah created Adan from clay as the first man, so what ever theory you or others believe that man
originated from apes or tree swinging creatures which the scientific community can't even give a proper name to these creatures and which ever creature that developed into a man isn't he the first man on earth?

Look Full name is: Senda Ben Jemaa
This is my email Id: benjemaa.senda@gmail.com
And you can add me im also on Viber.
Have a great evening forward towards hearing from you soon Inshallah.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed