Islam/Did Mohammad (Peace be upon him) raised his hand while praying?

Question
QUESTION: Dear Brother Salam

Did Hazrat Muhammad (Peace be upon him) raised his hand after Salat while prayer. Did he ever raised his hand?

Thanks

Junaed

ANSWER: As salaam Alaikum!

As Muslims we r commanded in the Koran to wish each other with a salaam whenever we come across in any manner.

Well, in the Koran the Almighty Allah mentioned Jannah being in the heavens and so on, so it is but natural to assume that the Almighty
Allah is up in the heavens and we raise our hands in a humble begging posture while seeking blessings r fulfilment of any wishes r for any
forgiveness r for Health r for long life of our own and for our loved ones.

In my opinion our Prophet might have raised his hands while seeking blessings and forgiveness from the Almighty Allah after the salat
which the Almighty Allah can only know now for sure.

But am sure our prophet wouldn't have raised his arms after salat while seeking B&F from the Almighty Allah if any non Muslims were
present to avoid giving a wrong message to them that nature is being worshipped.

This is the best clarification I can give as am follower of Koran and only Koran.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true  path of Islam for rest of our life.

QUESTION: Salam Dear Brother, Thanks for the answer. But so far I have found in various sources that Muhammad (Peace be upon him) did not raised his hand after every Salah, he did it in special purpose like when he was praying for rain etc.

Please clarify this matter.

ANSWER: Wallaikum As Salaam!

I disagree with that. simply because when we  seek something from the Almighty Allah big r small we seem it in a humble posture.
If our prophet raised his hands while seeking only important things then he would raised almost for everything since he had to live
amongst his most adent enemies who  were after his life all the time..

Are you the same man in loved with a older widowed mother  in house you were staying as a PG.

QUESTION: Salam brother I have gone through lots of websites but everywhere it's proved that Mohammad (Peace be upon him) did not raised his hand after every five time fardth prayer. I have shared some links here:

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/collectivedua.htm

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?214822-Making-duaa-after-prayer-bid-ah

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110711120621AAbTZlD

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?78636-Bid-ah-ro-raise-hands-when-

Yes I am the same man who fallen into a trap of a old women and trying to get refuge from her to Allah.

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam!

I believe only Koran and Koran only but whoever writes anything on our beloved Prophet in the
matter of religion I refer Koran because our Prophet never said one word more or less than
what's mentioned in the Koran.

I don't see anything wrong if anyone raises their hands in a begging posture to seek blessings/
bounties and forgiveness from the Almighty Allah as I do same and also in prostration posture.

Can you please concentrate on leading a righteous life and the present problem that you have on
hand to solve and save yourself from the wrath of the Almighty Allah.

May the Almighy Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed