Islam/is mutah halal or haram?

Question
Salam,
I have confusion about mutah. What Islam says about mutah? Is it allowed or not? I read many articles on this topic and became double minded. I read n heard that our prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h gave permission to poeple for mutah. If it is allowed than what is the procedure and for how long? and if is not than why and what is the inhibition? What does Quraan say about it yes or no? Please give me the reference.  
Kind regards!

Answer
Mutah
--------

Bukhari Volumn 006, Book 060, Hadith Number 139.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abdullah : We used to participate in the holy wars carried on by the Prophet and we had no women (wives) with us. So we said (to the Prophet). "Shall we castrate ourselves?" But the Prophet forbade us to do that and thenceforth he allowed us to marry a woman (temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then he recited: "O you who believe! Do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you."

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 062, Hadith Number 051.
Narated By Abu Jamra : I heard Ibn Abbas (giving a verdict) when he was asked about the Mut'a with the women, and he permitted it (Nikah-al-Mut'a). On that a freed slave of his said to him, "That is only when it is very badly needed and women are scarce." On that, Ibn 'Abbas said, "yes."

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 062, Hadith Number 052.
Narated By Jabir bin 'Abdullah and Salama bin Al-Akwa' : While we were in an army, Allah's Apostle came to us and said, "You have been allowed to do the Mut'a (marriage), so do it." Salama bin Al-Akwa' said: Allah's Apostle's said, "If a man and a woman agree (to marry temporarily), their marriage should last for three nights, and if they like to continue, they can do so; and if they want to separate, they can do so." I do not know whether that was only for us or for all the people in general. Abu Abdullah (Al-Bukhari) said: 'Ali made it clear that the Prophet said, "The Mut'a marriage has been cancelled (made unlawful)."

Islam

Ahmer