QUESTION: Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalam alaikum.

I used to be a very good student. But since few months, I've been very much burdenized by housechores and stresses in my family, so I don't see myself motivating towards my studies. I'm becoming a dentist. And it's my final year. Only two months are left in my exams, and I haven't studied even a single word yet. Doctors have to study a lot. And I used to study for hours but now whenever I open my books I think about problems I'm going through. Also, I do not remember anything very easily. Whatever I read, I forget and I spend whole hour in reading half page. I don't want to decrease my GPA this time. I want to secure good marks, as I used to do. Is there any ayah or surah which I can read to help increase my memory and retain things in my mind?

ANSWER: I am sorry to learn about your situation.
do you use any instant messaging software like whats app etc.
I think you need daily conselling as you have some deep rooted problems.

QUESTION: You're right Sir. I'm really worried about my circumstances.

Yes, I do use What's app and Viber.

Bukhari Vol 2, Book 21. prayer At Night (Tahajjud). Hadith 263.
Narrated By Jabir bin 'Abdullah  : The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara (Istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right sort of action concerning any job or a deed), in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Qur'an. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer): 'Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as'alaka min fadlika al-'azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta'lamu Wala a'lamu, Wa anta 'allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta'lam anna hadha-l-amra Khairun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or 'ajili amri wa'ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or fi'ajili amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi.' (O Allah! I ask guidance from Your knowledge, And Power from Your Might and I ask for Your great blessings. You are capable and I am not. You know and I do not and You know the unseen. O Allah! If You know that this job is good for my religion and my subsistence and in my Hereafter... (or said: If it is better for my present and later needs). Then You ordain it for me and make it easy for me to get, And then bless me in it, and if You know that this job is harmful to me In my religion and subsistence and in the Hereafter... (or said: If it is worse for my present and later needs). Then keep it away from me and let me be away from it. And ordain for me whatever is good for me, And make me satisfied with it). The Prophet added that then the person should name (mention) his need.

The dua is available in arabic text in the following website

Eyebrows/Make-up/makeup/make up

Allah has forbidden people to alter his creation. One of the promises of Shaitan is that

[Quran 4:119] (Said Shaitan) "I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by Allah." Whoever, forsaking Allah, takes Satan for a friend, has of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest.

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 832.
Narated By 'Abdullah : Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get it done for themselves, and those who remove hair from their faces, and those who artificially create spaces between their teeth to look beautiful, such women as alter the features created by Allah. Why should I not then curse those whom Allah's Apostle has cursed and that is in Allah's Book?

Muslim Book 002, Hadith Number 0502.
Chapter : Characteristics of Fitra.

'Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Ten are the acts according to Fitra: clipping the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the tooth-stick, snuffing water in the nose, cutting the nails, washing the finger joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving the pubes and cleaning one's private parts with water. The narrator said: I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth.

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 062, Hadith Number 133.
Narated By 'Aisha : An Ansari woman gave her daughter in marriage and the hair of the latter started falling out. The Ansari women came to the Prophet and mentioned that to him and said, "Her (my daughter's) husband suggested that I should let her wear false hair." The Prophet said, "No, (don't do that) for Allah sends His curses upon such ladies who lengthen their hair artificially."

From the above we can conclude that it is best to leave it. I have not found any hadith or tradition of Sahaba's so-far which permits. Eyebrows can be made beautifull by other means rather than re-shaping them or plucking them.

Usng makeup will be ok if it is made of halal ingredients and does not alter creation of Allah and does not effect attention of Non-maharams.

AbuDawud Book 028, Hadith Number 4188.
Chapter : Clipping the moustaches.

Narated By Anas b. Malik : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) fixed forty days to shave the pubes, paring the nails, clipping the moustaches, and plucking the hair under the armpit.

Abu Dawud said: Js'far b. Sulaiman transmitted it from Abu Imran on the authority of Anas. In this version he did not mention the Prophet (pbuh). He said: Forty days were fixed for us. This is a more correct version.

nail polish

AbuDawud Book 028, Hadith Number 4154.
Chapter : Dye of women.

Narated By 'Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin : A woman made a sign from behind a curtain to indicate that she had a letter for the Apostle of Allah (pbuh). The Prophet (pbuh) closed his hand, saying: I do not know this is a man's or a woman's hand. She said: No, a woman. He said: If you were a woman, you would make a difference to your nails, meaning with henna.  

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.