Islam/Troubled marriage

"A salam alaikoum, my name is B and I am 32 years old. I have been married to a christian man for little over 10 years now. To tell the truth it has been the biggest mistake of my life. We have two boys. At first he was willing to convert to islam. But fort the past few years he changed his mind, and worst he do not want me to take the kids to the mosque. I know what did is not allow in the musilm religion but what can I do now to fix this at least for my kids to be safe. I currently do not love him, can't stand him and we have been sleeping in separate rooms for a year and half now. I want a divorce even though I am scared. I need Your advice please help me in my decision process. I am confused, depressed and feel like I have ruined my kids life. Please help me. Thank You.

This is indeed cruel. You have every right to leave. Safety comes first. You have every right to practise your own religion. Report any fear to the authorities.

In Islam a woman has the right to get her marriage dissolved if the man abuses her and refuses divorce.  

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.