Islam/Breaking Promise

Question
What will I do if I break promise with Allah frequently for the same bad work? I promise not to masturbate but do this again & again. I could not control myself. After that I ask Allah to forgive me from this sin. But it occurs the breaking of promise again & again.

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

As Muslims we are commanded to wish with a salaam while writing or upon meeting each other.

Well, Masturbation is not a sin nor it is prohibited in the Koran since it is a normal healthy
sign starting from teens.

So, you dont have to swear on the Almighty Allah against masturbation, however you should seek
forgiveness from the Almighty Allah for breaking the promise out of ignorance.

But ensure in future that you will not swear on the Almighty Allah for things that are not
necessary and also on something you are also not too sure to keep up the promise.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed