Islam/is he my soul mate?

Question
salam,

recently, i already cut off my relationship with a guy.it was all started when we were always bumped onto one another. i'm an asian while he's somewhere from north africa. our friendship were well accepted by both family. he really wanted to get married with me but it's gonna take years. for the sake of Allah, i decided to put an end of this because i know that it is not allowed in islam for muslims to have such close friendship between opposite sex. i told him that, leave it to Allah, put trust in Allah, bcoz i believe that if we are meant to be together, in shaa Allah one day we'll gonna meet again and get married. as for now, we are still young and he's studying in my country. then, we stop talking to one another. i never stop making du'a for him so that Allah will bless him with everything good.
when we were still together, my late grandmother took a look at his picture right a few weeks before she died, she smiled and said perhaps i'm gonna married to this guy. he also prayed in mecca to have me as his wife. he gave me everything good. until now, remembering him can make me smile with happiness. my sister and my mum always feel like he's around them eventhough we are no longer together. as for me,i sometimes feel like he's around me,like there's nothing happen between us and the most interesting thing is that i can feel him like what he did or where he went and it was true. i feel afraid of my instinct which is quite strong towards him. however, i will accept who's my future husband gonna be. it would be great if it is him because i always love him through my du'a. is there any possibility that he's actually the one for me?

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam!

Am extremely sorry for this delayed reply, however it is better late than never attitude that
made me reply to you.

Well, no one except the Almighty Allah knows one's partner in life and we all ave to submit to
the Almighty Allah's will.

There is nothing in wrong in falling in love and praying to get married to the beloved one, but
one has to show patience and resign to the destiny that is written by the Almighty Allah.

No one in this world once again except the Almighty Allah to know each one's partner in future.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed