Islam/Doubt in Quran

I have a doubt in some verses of pls help me out of it inshaallah.

My understanding:

I believe that Allah knows everything. The seen,the unseen,the past,the present,the future.For ex. A good teacher knows of his students well. who all will pass and who all will fail. but if the teacher passes/fails  those students before keeping test . Those students who was failed without keeping test may feel dissatisfied ie,undeserved.But if the teacher keeps test eventhough he(the teacher) knows who will pass and who will fail. Then  the failed students feel that we are deserved to this failiure.

Similarly Allah tests us even then He knows that who will pass(paradise) and who will fail(hell) in order that We should know in the Hereafter that we are deserved to go to paradise/hell for which Allah will bring witness even from ourselves(our skin,hand,leg etc) .

3:140 If a wound has touched you, be sure a similar

wound has touched the others.And so are the days, that We give to men by turns,that Allah may know (test) those who believe, and that He may take martyrs from among you. And Allah likes not the wrongdoers.

3:142 Do you think that you will enter Paradise

before Allah knows (tests) those of you who

performed Jihad and knows (tests) those who are

The above verses are taken from ibn katheer tafseer.

In these verses the phrases "Allah may know" and "before Allah knows "  the word "Know" is the translation for which arabic word is ya'lam which is used in Quran.In above verses if, the word 'Test' is used no problem .but when the word "Know" is used then it is as if Allah tests as he dont know who will be patient and who will perform jihad.Which not only decreases the knowledge of Allah but also contradicts below 3 verses

6:59 And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all

that is hidden), none knows them but He.And He knows whatever there is on the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it.There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record.

31:34 Verily, Allah, with Him is the knowledge of

the Hour, He sends down the rain, and knows that

which is in the wombs.No person knows what he will earn tomorrow, and

no person knows in what land he will die.Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware.

35:38 Verily, Allah is the All-Knower of the Unseen

of the heavens and the earth.Verily, He is the All-Knower of that is in the breasts

But Allah says,

4:82 Do they not then consider the Qur'an carefully! Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely, have found therein contradictions in abundance.

So, whether 'Test' is also a meaning for 'ya'lam'? besides the word 'Know' If yes give me reference.If no then any other meaning for the word Ya,lam?

Pls help me out inshaalah.

Alhamdulillaah Presently I am very very busy Inshaa Allaah - So, I apologize for not being able to answer your question at this time - please forgive me for that Inshaa Allaah-  as soon as I have some availability , I will try to answer your question Inshaa Allaah -however, please do not hesitate to send me a reminder  Inshaa Allaah

In the meantime, please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS  on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM  Inshaa Allaah.

Islamic Scholar

BRIEF BIO Shaikh Shafayat was born, in Trinidad, West Indies, where he attended College etc.. Due to his multi-faith and cultural upbringing, he was awarded a scholarship to become a Christian Minister. In 1975 he went to India to study Islam and became the first student from the Caribbean and North America to have enrolled in Darul Uloom Deoband, which is the largest and oldest Islamic Institute in India. In addition to graduating as a Qaari and Islamic Scholar, he also did a course in Journalism and established the Al Hikmat Muslim Magazine, plus he produced many television and radio programs in Trinidad and Florida USA. In 1983 he founded the National Muslim Sports League of Trinidad and Tobago, which established the Islamic Home for Children. He is the Founder/Principal of Darul Uloom Institute in Pembroke Pines Florida and the first Muslim to become President of the Interfaith Council of South Florida in the year 2002. He organized and conducted many Christian / Muslim / Jewish Dialogues in Churches, Synagogues and Islamic Centers in the U.S.A.. Shaikh Shafayat was the first Muslim to represent Islam at a Florida State Faith Summit, held at the Capitol Building with Gov. Jeb Bush in the year 2000. He is a recipient of the Silver Medallion Award from NCCJ (a national interfaith organization) and a recipient of the Peacemaker Award from St. Thomas University in Miami. For many years he lectured on Islam and terrorism to Pembroke Pines Police of South Florida and other Law Enforcement Officers. He lectures throughout the U.S.A. and worldwide on Islam, Interfaith Issues and Cultural Diversity.