Islam/Being a gay man

Assalamu alaikum,
I am Muslim. I became Muslim when I was 17, alHmdulillah!  That's 23 years ago.  My situation is this:
I have always been attracted to men, ever since I was a child.  I have never been attracted to women. I cannot get married, or at least I would be unable to consummate the marriage. Of course I have asked and begged from Allah to make me straight and as you know, I did not become straight. I haven't lost faith in Allah, washukrlillah, because I know that if Allah(SWT) saw this as problematic, Allah(SWT) would change it. So, Ive concluded that it must be Muslims who have been heavily influenced by Judeo-Christian dogma that have misinterpreted the Qur'an, stigmatising homosexual people. Now I'm not saying that legalising gay marriages and tralalalling up and down the street announcing sexuality is correct either. But take for example, my attraction to men...if I were to be physical, but not sexual, how is this a problem? If I were to be in love with another man, but did not engage in acts of could shari'ah hold me accountable for nothing. IF I did engage in a sexual act, of course it would be entirely private, and only between my rabb(SWT) and myself, how could shari'ah hold me accountable for nothing other than speculation and guessing, when that type of spying is not acceptable and making accusations based on conjecture is not Islamic?
Please akh, talk to me.  Also, give me suggestions on where to go.  I am from the U.S. And would prefer hearing the azan every day in the streets. Allahu Akbar!
Wa salaam

Alhamdulillaah Presently I am very very busy Inshaa Allaah - So, I apologize for not being able to answer your question at this time - please forgive me for that Inshaa Allaah-  as soon as I have some availability , I will try to answer your question Inshaa Allaah -however, please do not hesitate to send me a reminder  Inshaa Allaah

In the meantime, please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS  on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM  Inshaa Allaah.

Islamic Scholar

BRIEF BIO Shaikh Shafayat was born, in Trinidad, West Indies, where he attended College etc.. Due to his multi-faith and cultural upbringing, he was awarded a scholarship to become a Christian Minister. In 1975 he went to India to study Islam and became the first student from the Caribbean and North America to have enrolled in Darul Uloom Deoband, which is the largest and oldest Islamic Institute in India. In addition to graduating as a Qaari and Islamic Scholar, he also did a course in Journalism and established the Al Hikmat Muslim Magazine, plus he produced many television and radio programs in Trinidad and Florida USA. In 1983 he founded the National Muslim Sports League of Trinidad and Tobago, which established the Islamic Home for Children. He is the Founder/Principal of Darul Uloom Institute in Pembroke Pines Florida and the first Muslim to become President of the Interfaith Council of South Florida in the year 2002. He organized and conducted many Christian / Muslim / Jewish Dialogues in Churches, Synagogues and Islamic Centers in the U.S.A.. Shaikh Shafayat was the first Muslim to represent Islam at a Florida State Faith Summit, held at the Capitol Building with Gov. Jeb Bush in the year 2000. He is a recipient of the Silver Medallion Award from NCCJ (a national interfaith organization) and a recipient of the Peacemaker Award from St. Thomas University in Miami. For many years he lectured on Islam and terrorism to Pembroke Pines Police of South Florida and other Law Enforcement Officers. He lectures throughout the U.S.A. and worldwide on Islam, Interfaith Issues and Cultural Diversity.