Islam/iddah and communication.with non mahrams

Question
Respectable brother,

I am from Pakistan and currently undergoing my iddah due to divorce. Brother i know that i am not allowed to come in front or speak to non mahrams. Brother i want to ask you that other means of com communications like whatsapp or normal messaging is allowed or not with my cousins or friends i.e. the non mahram.  Can you please guide me as i am confused.

Fee Amaan Allah

Sister

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

As Muslims we are commanded in the Koran to wish each other with a Salaam as we come across or
write to each other.

That is utter nonsense created by some mulla's who are ignorant of what the Almighty Allah said
in the Koran.

It's the intentions that matters when you talk to relatives or friends whether marhams or non -
marhams.

Since it's a depression period one tends to be very emotionally weak and can get carried away
by smooth talkers in this situation and that could be the reason why restrictions on whom you
talk to etc., during iddah period is laid out and nothing as compulsion from Koranic point of
view.

So you are the best judge of your emotional status and confidence to chat/talk with opposite
sex directly or on chats in this emotional state of mind/period.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed