Islam/Jumma prayer

QUESTION: Assalamalaekum. I have two questions regarding Jumma prayer:

1- How many rakaat are there in Jumma prayer besides 2 Fardh?

2- Are all these rakaat part of Jumma prayer? I mean should they be offered with intention (niyat) of offering Zohr prayer or Jumma prayer?

ANSWER: Wallaikum As Salaam!

Jumma salat constitutes of 2 Rakats Fard with intensions ' observing Jumma's 2 Rakats Fard salat'
& not 'Zohr' and there is no further fard salat once you observed this 2 rakats Jumma fard salat.

Hope it is clear.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: Assalamualakum!

Thank you, Mr. Azam, for replying to my question.

From your answer, I make out that the Sunnat rakats offered before and after the two-rakat Fard of Jumma are superfluous. Am I right?

Wallaikum As salaam! Yes u r absolutely right. Our beloved Prophet never did not give anything more or less than what's given in the Koran by the Almighty Allah.
May the Almighty Allah forgive our sins & guide us all to the true path of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.  

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce