Islam/Hi !

Question
Is Jesus grateful to people who crucified him ??? are they going to get heaven as reward ??? cox without Crucifixion no christian would go to heaven.. ??

Answer
Peace to you!

Dear Mahreen Junaid,

Thank you for your very good questions. The short answer is:

Those people who crucified Jesus who were repenting (=showing genuine regret for having lived a sinful, selfish life) and believing that he died for their sins will go to heaven. However, not for what they have done but for how they changed their views about him and their lives for him.

Jesus is not grateful to the people who crucified him because most of them did not repent and believe. However, out of love, Jesus was willing to die for them so they could have an opportunity to live eternally.

The longer answer is very important in order for you to understand why Jesus was crucified. It has to do with how we get forgiveness of sins and absolute assurance that this is the case.

Certain forgiveness of sins, for those who sincerely repent, through blood sacrifice has been God's only way since the beginning of creation. This is described in the previous Scriptures, the Torah, Zabur and Injel, as the following passages in the Bible and the Quran show. Please look up those Ayats and tell me what you think:

-Adam and Eve: When they sinned and discovered they were naked they felt ashamed and tried to cover themselves with leaves. God covered them with a garment of animal skin, pointing to the first sacrifice of an animal to take away our sins. (Surah 7, Al Araf, verses 19-27, Genesis 3:7, 21)

-Cain and Abel known as Habil and Kabil: God accepted the animal sacrifice of Abel but rejected the sacrifice of crop made by Cain. (Surah 5, Al Maida, verse 27, Genesis 4:3-7)  

-Abraham: God provided an animal as a sacrifice instead of the son (Surah 37, Al Saffat, verse 107, Genesis 22).  

-Moses: He was commanded by God to sacrifice animals for the absolute certain forgiveness of sins of the people of Israel (Surah 2, Al Baqara, verses 67-74, Numbers 19:1-10. The Jewish Temple where sacrifices of animals for the forgiveness of sins were absolutely central is mentioned in Surah 17:1-7)      

-Jesus: Animals sacrifices in the Torah (Old Testament) are less valuable than humans.  They only pointed to the perfect and sinless sacrifice to come. He died on behalf  of all people in the world  to take away the sins of all those who repent and believe in him.

"Whatever message We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than that or the like thereof..." (Surah 2, Al-Baqarah, 107) What could possibly be better than to have instant, absolute forgiveness of sins, and power for a life in obedience to God as has been promised in the previous Scriptures?

Kind regards,

A. Abrhaam  

Islam

A. Abraham