Islam/my moms hajj

Question
as salamu alaikum brother,
         my mom is a hindu women prior to marriage but she a complete muslim now but her name in government records however stays the same. my question now is will she be able to perform hajj along with my father?? then what will be the legal procedure to do so. please let me know this im really worried about it. thank you

Answer
Dear Reehat,
ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM,
At the outset I request you to congratulate your mother for accepting and reverting to Islam from the core of her heart. My experience says 99% women make fake reversion to Islam only to grab Muslim boys. May Almighty ALLAH (S.W.T) guide her further towards Paradise. Amin. I will request you to kindly advise her for having an Aquiqa and take an Islamic name and thereafter swear an Affidavit before a notary public or a magistrate if she wants to record her new name in other Govt records. Kindly clarify whether your mother possess a passport or will she obtain special passport for Hajj purpose. However, if you stay at Calcutta then you are at liberty to get in touch with me for further advise/guidance.
Wassalams,
Md.Zia-ul-Haque, B.Sc, LLB, Alim (Cal)
Amicus Curiae, Supreme Court of India

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate