Islam/MUSLIM

Question
.Muslim experts in falaq have produced salat timetables for the convenience of the ummah.
a.Naturally they would have certain error margins.If, say for example the error is about 2 minutes. The time for asr is 430 pm. Is it then possible to regard the prayer time to be anywhere between 428 and 432 pm? Or one must take the 430 pm strictly?
b.Some people break their fast of 1 or 2 minutes later than the time in the timetable as a precaution/ihtiat ,as the timetable is an approximation. Is this a commendable act? What about the injunction to hasten breaking the fast?
c.There is a hadis which implies if one is eating and hears the fajr azan, he may finish off what he is eating i.e he does not have to stop eating immediately. Does this shows that the syariah provides some allowance and not too rigorous in the timing?The timing is more of a guideline with some flexibility rather than something rigid and absolute.
d.In the time of Rasul, the timing is relied basically on the observance of the naked eye, which is quite relative from one person to the other and may have quite a big error. So, it indicates that one do not have to be very precise and strict in following the prayer timetable ?

Answer
Peace to you!

Dear Najwa,

Thanks for your message.

As clearly mentioned in my description, I am a follower of Jesus and my expertise is ONLY in answering questions Muslims have regarding Jesus, the Injeel, Zabur, Torah, how to get forgiveness, or the perspective of followers of Jesus on questions Muslims ask. Regarding the latter, God is concerned with the condition of your heart not with outward things like keeping the time when you are supposed to pray.

For possible later reference please visit sites like:

www.christiananswers.net

www.christianityexplained.net

www.answering-islam.org

The reason for me being in the Islam section is that Muslims usually learn about Christianity from Muslims. That is bad academic scholarship and leads to great misunderstandings. If you have a question about an illness you go to a medical doctor not to someone who has a PhD in computing. Similarly, if you have a question about Christianity you must go to a follower of Jesus not to a Muslim. I am here to conveniently offer the removal of misunderstandings.

Here is one example: Muslims are told that Christians believe in Jesus as the son of God in a physical way. That would indeed be blasphemy. However, no Christian believes such a horrendous thing. We believe Jesus to be the Son of God in a spiritual, figurative way. Like the Quran calls a well traveled man a 'son of the road' we believe Jesus is called the Son of God because he knows God inside out, is one with him and was sent by him.

Alternatively, I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on the main message of the Holy Bible. The first lesson explores what the Quran says about the Torah and Injeel and whether they are still reliable. Would you like to do this study?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help in any of the above.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham

Islam

A. Abraham