As'Salaam'o'Aliekum brother,
Is there any hadith which states that purposely leaving salah is shirk? Can left prayers be forgiven? Salah is amongst Haqooq-Allah (Rights of Allah) and Allah has said that he will forgive all sins except shirk. If leaving salah is shirk then Allah has said that he will not forgive this but Allah has also said that he will forgive Haqooq-Allah but will not forgive Haqooq-ul-Ibad (Rights of the people), so can Salah be forgiven if a man promises Allah that he will pray regularly or does he have to pray all the prayers he has missed 23 years before realizing the truth. Please clarify my doubts dear brother. Jazaka'llah kher.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

Allah says in the Quran....

[Quran 19:59] Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat (the 5 prayers) and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.

[Quran 19:60] Except those who repent and believe (have faith), and work righteousness. Such will enter Paradise and they will not be wronged in aught.

[Quran 20:132] And enjoin As-Salat (the prayer) on your family, and be patient in offering them. We ask not of you a provision We provide for you. And the good end  is for the Muttaqun (pious).

prayer saves from shameful deeds
[Quran 29:45] Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to you, and establish regular prayer: for prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah (God) is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah (God) knows the (deeds) that you do.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 571.
Narated By Anas : The Prophet said, "If anyone forgets a prayer he should pray that prayer when he remembers it. There is no expiation except to pray the same." Then he recited: "Establish prayer for My (i.e. Allah's) remembrance." (20.14).

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.