As Salam Walekum,
A woman who is living alone with her one 5 year child. She is the only one who is earning and alone taking care of the child and managing all the expenses by herself.  She has no father nor her mother. She has no one to support her who can look after her or can take care of her child. She is getting divorced from her husband and her husband is not ready to support her for her Iddah period. Does Iddah is compulsory for her? Please give me a brief explanation on this.
Thanks in Advance

Wallaikum As Salaam!

Yes, Iddah is compulsory in a divorce as per the Koran and the husband cannot just walk out on
her saying he cannot support her during Iddah or pay her alimony or support the child, how ever
poor he may be, in which event he should remain with her and their child together.

If the husband acts funny, pull him to Shariat court and if Shariat courts tilts towards him,
then pull him into country's legal system as he just cannot walk out like an animal after making
his wife bear his child without compensation to the mother and child.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce