Islam/Questions

Question
Is there a conflict between being a Muslim and an American?

Answer
Assalam-O-Alaikum,
BISMILLAHER RAHMAN-O-RAHIM,
No, there is no conflict between being a Muslim and an American. This is like asking if there is a conflict between being a Christian and an American. One is a national identity and the other is a religious identity. Both impact one’s life.

Today, second and multiple-generation Americans make up a significant segment of the Muslim population in America. For these American-born Muslims, this is their first and only home; they are entirely American, and, in the spirit of the First Amendment, freely chose Islam as their religion. This is true as well for naturalized Muslims who choose to make America their home.

While issues such as being able to pray or wear a headscarf at work may be challenging in some situations, these are often easily addressed through simple accommodations such as allowing Muslim employees to pray at work. Just like any other religious minority in the America's long history of religious diversity, American Muslims practice their faith while living as Americans.
Wassalams,
Md.Zia-ul-Haque

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate