Islam/Questions

Question
Should I be afraid of anyone who is Muslim or from the middle east?

Answer
Assalam-O-Alaikum,
BISMILLAHER RAHMAN-O-RAHIM,
No. Just as it would be wrong to stereotype or make assumptions about any group of people based on their background, race, or religion, it is unfair to associate all people from the Middle East or Muslims with terrorism based on the actions of a few among the world’s 1.5 billion Muslims. This would be akin to asking if we should be afraid of all young white males from the U.S. because Timothy McVeigh (convicted of the Oklahoma City bombing) was white, or afraid of all Christians because extremist anti-abortionists are Christian, or afraid of the Irish because of terrorist acts in Ireland. There are good and bad people in all countries, races, and religions. (It is also important to remember that most Muslims are not Arab, or from the Middle East.)
Wassalams,
Md.Zia-ul-Haque

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate