Islam/Husband

Question
Assalamu Alaikum,

I am married since 19 yrs and revered to islam at the time of marriage.  My husband is a religious man,but failed as a husband and a father.  Most of the time I have to carry my family burden financially and physically.  My husband is not maintaining good relationship with my parents and brothers.  He is telling that that are Kaafir (non muslims)  When they come home only he will talk to them, but other time, he will not give a courtesy call to them.  But he is compelling me to maintain good relationship with them. I used to visit them, and frequently . My in laws some time they won't call me to attend any family function. Being they all doing all types of prohibited functions, I am not interested to attend them.  But they will call their son only.  At this time also my husband is compelling me to attend them.  When my father in law was in death bed, my husband was asking me to collect money from my brothers to treat his father.  But  I refused.  My father in law passed away 2 yrs back.  Till yesterday my husband was scolding me and my brothers for not giving money for his father's treatment.  My father in law, left my husband and went away when he was a toddler.  He got remarried and settled.  My husband is into this Tableeq Jamaat, and used to follow the book Fazae Amaal, and going for Jamaat, Gasth, Mulakath, Maswara every thing.  He is telling me that he is showing interest in Islam, that's why Allah is giving him lot of power and explanation about Deen.  But Allah will not give me such things because as I am following Tawheed people.  Give me some explanations that I can get clarity.

Jasakkallahu Kairen

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Sister,

All praise and thanks to Allah who saved you from being a Mushrika. May Allah reward you with Paradise.....ameen.

I am sorry to learn about your situation. You have rights on your husband and he is supposed to provide for your living expenses. Further we are not to use the word Kaafir as we do not know whose heart Allah can divert to Islam. Our Prophet used to maintain good relationship with all the Non muslims and because of this good relation - Islam spread.

Allah says in the Quran

who is a beleiver
-----------------

[Quran 23:1] Successful indeed are the believers.
[Quran 23:2] Those who offer their Salat (5 times obligatory prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.
[Quran 23:3] And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk).
[Quran 23:4] And those who pay the Zakat (obligatory charity)
[Quran 23:5] And those who guard their chastity.
[Quran 23:6] Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;
[Quran 23:7] But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors.
[Quran 23:8] Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants.
[Quran 23:9] And those who strictly guard their Salawat. (obligatory prayers)
[Quran 23:10] These are indeed the inheritors.
[Quran 23:11] Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.
[Quran 23:57] Verily! Those who live in awe for fear of their Lord.
[Quran 23:58] And those who believe in the Ayat (verses/signs) of their Lord.
[Quran 23:59] And those who join not anyone (in worship) as partners with their Lord.
[Quran 23:60] And those who give that (their charity) which they give (and also do other good deeds) with their hearts full of fear, because they are sure to return to their Lord (for reckoning).
[Quran 23:61] It is these who race for the good deeds, and they are foremost in them.
[Quran 8:4] It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness and a generous provision (Paradise).

There is no need to follow any alternate book. It was the Quran that was left by the Prophet and a muslim is supposed to have a clear understanding of the Quran.

Doing tableegh is a good Job - but it should not be done at the cost of others. Only After discharging the Obligatory responsibilities that one should do tableeg.

[Quran 4:34] Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means.

Ask your husband - how the prophet treated his wives and how he discharged is household responsibilities. he should follow the same and its written in fazaile amaal as well.

Also making sects is haram in islam as below.

Sects
-----

[Quran 3:103] “And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;”

[Quran 6:159] “As for those who divide Their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.”

[Quran 4:59] "O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.  

[Quran 41:33] “Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, "I am of those who bow in Islam"?  

[Quran 3:64] Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah. that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say you: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah.s Will).

[Quran 42:13] The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to you - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that you should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah/God, hard is the (way) to which you callest them. Allah/God chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him).

[Quran 42:14] And they became divided only after Knowledge reached them,- through selfish envy as between themselves. Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from your Lord, (tending) to a Term appointed, the matter would have been settled between them: But truly those who have inherited the Book after them are in suspicious (disquieting) doubt concerning it.

[Quran 42:15] Now then, for that (reason), call (them to the Faith), and stand steadfast as you art commanded, nor follow you their vain desires; but say: "I believe in the Book which Allah/God has sent down; and I am commanded to judge justly between you. Allah/God is our Lord and your Lord: for us (is the responsibility for) our deeds, and for you for your deeds. There is no contention between us and you. Allah/God will bring us together, and to Him is (our) Final Goal.

[Quran 23:53] But they have broken their religion among them into sects, each group rejoicing in what is with it.

[Quran 23:54] So, leave them in their error for a time.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 003, Hadith Number 109.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Salama : I heard the Prophet saying, "Whoever (intentionally) ascribes to me what I have not said then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Islam

Ahmer