Islam/Research

Question
Dear Sir,

We are doing an research about ethics for school. We are from Holland and we are in our final year of grammar school. We are doing our research about the sexual relationship between a teacher and his student. For this research we have to compare two different religions and their view about this relationship.
In such a relationship there are two main feelings, that is duty and love. Duty for the teacher to do his job correct, but sometimes the relationship is real love and do we have to forbid this?
Because of your expertise we would like to ask you some questions.

1. What is more important, the duty that the teacher has to educate his student without interference of a sexual relationship or the love between two people?

2. What is written about this relationship in the Koran?

3. How do muslims see this relationship?

4. Is their a specific vision about this relationship in the Islam?

5. What is your vision about this relationship?

We thank you for reading our mail and we hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Hui Lin Zhang
Elza van Vugt

Answer
Dear brother,
I don't understand whether you are a Muslim or non Muslim.

You have not specified whether the two people are of different sex or from sex. However, in reply to your all your five questions I should apprise you of the fact that it is absolutely forbidden to discuss about sex with a girl by a boy or  by a boy with a girl before marriage. Dating with a person of different sex is also strictly prohibited.If the teacher is  male then he can guide/ share his knowledge of sex with his male student. Similarly if the teacher is female then she can also explain about sex to her female student.  

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate