Islam/Shalat

Question
Muslims experts in falaq have produced shalat timetables for the convenience of the ummah. Naturally they would have certain error margins. If say, for example the error is about 5 minutes and the time for Asar is 4.30 pm. Is it possible to take the prayer time to be anywhere between 4.25 and 4.35pm? Or one must take the 4.30pm strictly?

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

Many of us ignore the commands given in the Koran but get caught in a web of confusion over
silly matters when the Koran is very clear on them.

As Muslims, we are commanded in the Koran to wish each other with a salaam as we come across
or wrote to each other.

24:58 (Fajr, Zohar, Esha)
O you who believe, permission must be requested by your servants and the children who have not attained puberty (before entering your rooms). This is to be done in three instances - before the Dawn Prayer, at noon when you change your clothes to rest, and after the Night Prayer. These are three private times for you. At other times, it is not wrong for you or them to mingle with one another. God thus clarifies the revelations for you. God is Omniscient, Most Wise.
11:114
You shall observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) at both ends of the day, and during the night. The righteous works wipe out the evil works. This is a reminder for those who would take heed.
17:48 (Zohar & Esha)
You shall observe the Contact Prayer (Salat) when the sun declines from its highest point at noon, as it moves towards sunset. You shall also observe (the recitation of) the Quran at dawn. (Reciting) the Quran at dawn is witnessed.
2:238 (ASR)
You shall consistently observe the Contact Prayers, especially the middle prayer, and devote yourselves totally to God
30:18

As we are clear from above verses, the timing that can apply from 1 salat time to another salat
time may be five minutes before or after each salat, however we must closely monitor the dawn
Fajr)salat ending time as well as Evening(Maghrib/sunset)salat starting/ending time that has
very short duration.

Any marginal/unintentional error in timing will be forgiven by the Almighty Allah who is the
most merciful, the most benevolent, the most powerful.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed