• Home
  • Homework Help
  • Islam
  • Islam
  • How did the satan manage to enter paradise to dupe Adam and Hawa (Eve) when he was already banished from the paradise?

Islam/How did the satan manage to enter paradise to dupe Adam and Hawa (Eve) when he was already banished from the paradise?

Question
Assalamu'alaikum. First and foremost, i would like so say that right now I'm having a lot of questions in my head which bother me a lot and make my faith to go up and down. I'd like to claim here that I'm not bringing up these questions to make fun of Islam but in fact I'm a girl who loves Islam that I still want to stick with this religion despite all these questions because I believe there will be an explanation to all of them. I'm saying this because I have this acquaintance who asks the same questions as mine but he never want to try to find the answers for these questions and when he does, he asked the wrong person. And I don't want to be like him.

Regarding the subject, I am wondering on how the Satan managed to break into paradise to dupe Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit when he is already banished from the paradise? There is one article that I read which claimed that Satan enter the paradise with the help of a snake by being inside the belly of the snake as the snake is not forbidden to enter the paradise. How far is this story true actually? And, if this story is true, can you give me the source(s). And one more thing, if the story is true, I wonder that if Allah SWT is all-knowledgeable, He would have foreseen this and prevent the snake and the Satan from entering the paradise. Or is it His plan in the beginning?

I'm so sorry if my questions have gone too far but I can't rest thinking about these. I hope you can help me in finding the answer(s). Last but not least, may Allah bless you. Assalamu'alaikum.

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Sister Sarah,

Please don't be afraid to clear any doubts that you may have about Islam. We are here to clear all your doubts be it of any nature. You are free to ask any type of questions coming in your mind.

According to the Quran verses shaitan was banished from the place of disobedience and not from the Garden (which we call Paradise) where Prophet Adam lived.
Only after the incident of eating from the forbidden fruit that they both were banished and made to live on earth.

[Araaf 7:11] It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bow down.
[Araaf 7:12] (Allah/God) said: "What prevented you from bowing down when I commanded you?" He said: "I am better than he: you didst create me from fire, and him from clay."
[Araaf 7:13] (Allah/God) said: "Get you down from this: it is not for you to be arrogant here: get out, for you art of the meanest (of creatures)."
[Araaf 7:14] He said: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up."
[Araaf 7:15] (Allah/God) said: "Be you among those who have respite."
[Araaf 7:16] He said: "Because you hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on your straight way:
[Araaf 7:17] "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor will you find, in most of them, gratitude (for your mercies)."
[Araaf 7:18] (Allah/God) said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow you,- Hell will I fill with you all.
[Araaf 7:19] "O Adam! dwell you and your wife in the Garden, and enjoy (its good things) as you wish: but approach not this tree, or you run into harm and transgression."
[Araaf 7:20] Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest you should become angels or such beings as live for eve r."
[Araaf 7:21] And he swore to them both, that he was their sincere adviser.
[Araaf 7:22] So by deceit he brought about their fall: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?"
[Araaf 7:23] They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If you forgive us not and bestow not upon us your Mercy, we shall certainly be lost."
[Araaf 7:24] (Allah/God) said: "Get you down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood, for a time."
[Araaf 7:25] He said: "Therein shall you live, and therein shall you die; but from it shall you be taken out (at last)."

As for the next part of your question is related to free will. I want to answer that as well but it will be little lengthy here so I ask you to ask again separately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Islam

Ahmer