Islam/First bribe

Question
I have taken bribe and now am very guilty about it. I want to pay for this sin.
I was in a lot of trouble so please help me. I promise I.will not take bribe anymore.

Answer
Assalam-O-Alaikum''
It is good that you are repenting for your sin. Allah desires that His servants should repent and pray to HIM for forgiveness done knowingly or unknowingly. ALMIGHTY ALLAH LIKES TO FORGIVE HIS SERVANTS WHO PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS. You were in trouble for the reason that ALLAH wants that you should not commit such mistake (sin) in future. If possible and if you have the  means then donate the entire bribe amount to the poor Muslims though according to authentic Hadis Prophet of Islam had advised not to look at the religion of the person while giving him alms"
Brother, please seek forgiveness from Almighty from the core of the heart. INSHALLAH you will be forgiven by ALLAH. If your parents are alive then ask them also to Pray to ALLAH to forgive you.
Md.Zia-ul-Haque  

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate