Islam/health insurance (Obama Care) in US

Question
Answers in accordance with Hanafi fiqh is preferred.
1) Under recent health care act (ObamaCare), a person needs to pay fine ($95 in first year, $325 in 2nd year) if he doesn't have health insurance. Is it permissible to take health insurance in US under these circumstances? (note: In first year, the fine is usually less than insurance amount)  
2) Can Muslims get exemption from ObamaCare as Islam is against insurance? Certain religious sect (like Amish) can get exemption because of religious reason.

Answer
Dear brother,
Assalam-o-Alaikum,
Ans to question number.1: Islamic law has nothing to do with health care(Obama Care) But according to an authetic Hadish Prophet Muhammed (S.W.A) has said "Obey the Rule/Law of the country where you reside." Nothing is mentioned in Holy Quran or in Hadis Sharif prohibiting a Muslim to accept Health Insurance when such a policy is bernificial for the insurer/Muslim.
Answer to question number 2.: Brother, Islam is not against Health Insurance. Here I take the privilage to add that once Hazrat Musa (A.S) had asked Almighty Allah "Had I been Allah and if were you were Musa then what would have asked from me first." Allah said "Sound/Good Health and then wealth."

Brother please feel free to ask for any clarification any time you desire.
Md.Zia-ul-Haque, B.Sc, LLB, Alim (Cal)

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate