Islam/how to marry - marriage

QUESTION: Salam sir..

i have heard the hadees you can marry a girl for 4 reasons. (1)fame (2) beauty (3) money (4) islam - deen

what dose this means.. can you explain me this in details..

dose this means i am not supposed to marry any one who is beautiful..or i am supposed to marry ugly girl..

or dose it means that i should select her for her deen (if she prays 5 times.. knows hadees and reads quran) and its ok if she is beautiful

on the side. But she should have deen for sure.

as i have already rejected many women who were beautiful..but dint had much deen..(they used to talk to guys before marriage)

who am i supposed to marry.. what all can she have ?

i want to marry according to quran and hadees .. i want to select wife according to islam..can you gude me by quran and hadees on this

and what dose deen means.. dose it means that she should pray 5 times and read quran and hadees.. thats all ? or dose it include anything

else.. dose deen also include that she should be ready to give me my marriage rights.. which are right to be respected and obey ..

i am also ready to give her all her islamic right..and willing to live in marriage by islam.

and how am i supposed to know if she has deen.. am i allowed to meet her in person and talk to her privately for like 30 mins before

marriage and get to know her ? is this allowed in islam

ANSWER: Wallaikum As Salaam!

Do not complicate your life reading these hadees on whom to marry.

Koran clearly mentions as Muslims with whom we can marry.

You are allowed to marry a Muslim womam and also women from previous scriptures. You are not allowed to marry a Kafir and an idolatress unless they revert to Islam.

As far as beauty, fame, character, family back ground and her religious beliefs in Islam is
concerned, use your logic & your elders judgement after seeing & finding out some details of
the girl's family in the neighbourhood and leave rest of the things to the Almighty Allah.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: What about meeting her in person. .and talking to her before marriage

like meeting her in private..In her house only but alone and asking her questions that matter..

Can I do that ? Or else how am I supposed to know who and how good she is

As salaam Alaikum!

Are you sure you will get to know her if you speak to her

That's not the way, seek permission from her elders and let
her be with her cousin and not alone.

Then you can ask her what you want as well as allow her to
ask what she wants about you.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins
and guide us all to the true path of Islam as per the Koran for
rest of our life.  

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce